UNIX System Administrator 3- DK
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge at Northrop Grumman Information Systems! Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Unix Administrator to be responsible for Unix (e.g. Sun F15000 and smaller) or Linux environments. Administrator will maintain the operating system software and assure its successful integration with the hardware and applications software of the major computing systems across the organization. Manage cross domain transfer of data including database export, scanning, transfer and database update of records, ensure data integrity, develop new functional requirements for the transfer process capabilities and improve upon existing ones. Candidate will troubleshoot network and application performance issues and recommend appropriate action.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Day to day system administration and monitoring for UNIX/Linux (HPUX, AIX, Solaris, RedHat Linux and Suse Linux) environment; Additional monitoring and support may be required for Microsoft Windows server and tools
• Troubleshooting and familiarity with Middleware components (Tuxedo, WebLogic, Runway, CTC, DB2)
• Responds to alerts from automation and escalation from Level1 Service Desk
• Installs Linux software, Configuration of User rights and file directory assignment, Unix Scripting
• Plans, tests, installs, and integrates new and upgraded versions of the relevant operating systems on organizational computer systems, all third-party software components, and subsystems
• Designs interfaces to external systems
• Manages software life cycles
• Establishes development, testing, staging, and operating environments
• Maintains and updates documentation on configuration of the operating systems
• Researches and resolves systems software problems efficiently and accurately while adhering to internal software management standards and procedures
• Provides technical support to applications and utility developers on requirements for integration into the operating environment
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and 6+ year’s experience
• Functional and technical experience in UNIX, Windows (hardware and software)
• Some experience in system administration of all UNIX Servers to include: installation, backups, patch maintenance, performance tuning, hardware/software installs, de-installs, and upgrades
• Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to customers and management
• Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
• Ability to work with others in team environment.
• Requires an active and current TS/SCI security clearance with a polygraph
This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company whose 75,000 employees provide innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of age. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 2 years ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...