Work with Convention Sales and Services, Banquet and Catering, and the Wedding Chapel, following up on leads to book and sell large parties and buyouts at multiple property restaurants.
Create new leads in the local and national market to book and sell large parties and buyouts in the F&B outlets.
Work with the guest and restaurant mgrs and chefs to create accurate BEOs.
Learn and understand all restaurant cuisines, layouts, floor plans, and menus.
Learn and understand all restaurant operations and availabilities taking into consideration time of year, day of week, holidays, in house conventions and special events, and city wide conventions and special events.
Act as on premises host during booked parties and events, working with restaurant mgrs and chefs to ensure a flawless guest experience.
Work with and contract with AV Media, Floral, Pastry, and any outside vendors to satisfy all guests special event and party needs.
Make sure all services and products are priced and charged accordingly.
Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Knowledge of Food & Beverage operations.
- Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Proficient with software to include: MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Extensive knowledge of Info genesis and all areas of cash handling procedures.
- Understand and have working knowledge of profit and loss statements, variance reports and payroll
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Bachelor Degree or 3 yrs of equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years previous experience in Catering or Restaurant Group Sales.
- Working knowledge of RSVIP, Daylight, Open table, VIPR, Delphi and Meeting Matrix programs.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 18 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...