Senior Optical Researcher
Come join Intel's premier research group!
Silicon photonics is a research effort at Intel to revolutionize computing platforms by creating optical communication devices using traditional silicon manufacturing techniques. Bringing optical technology into the computing industry will transform the way computers work and the value that they provide to people.
As a Senior Optical Researcher, you will work with a group of research scientists and engineers in a fast-moving R&D environment. You will primarily be responsible for design, fabrication, and characterization of high-speed optoelectronic devices such as SiGe photo-detectors. You are expected to drive the research and development of integrated silicon photonic chip suitable for low-cost high-volume optical transceiver packaging. You are also expected to participate in various optical components development for single-mode and multi-mode fiber optical module assembly.
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivation and creativity
- Strong analytical problem solving and time management skills
- An ability to work as part of a successful team
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and/or research experience.
- Must have a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics or similar technical discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the following skill sets:
- Photonic device design, fabrication and characterization
- Device modeling and optical simulation tools (i.e., Beamprop, Fullwave and/or Fimmwave)
- High-speed photo-detector development
- Optical fiber to semiconductor device coupling
- Semiconductor process such as lithography, ion implantation, wet etch and dry etch
- Semiconductor physics, semiconductor device physics, optoelectronics and photonics
- Semiconductor device modeling/simulation, optoelectronic device design/fabrication, and device characterization
- 5+ years of experience in the above skill sets
- 3+ years of experience with wafer level processing micro-lens and micro-lens integration with photonic devices
- 3+ years of experience with silicon photonics
USA-California, Santa Clara
Feb 13, 2013
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 22 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...