2013 Summer Intern Programmer
- Requisition #: 202939796
- Job Category: Information Systems
- Operation: Global Development
- Job Group: Intern-Coop
- Job Grade: 007
- Job Code: 2177
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: MAHWAH, NJ 07430 - RAMAPO RIDGE I.S. CENTER
Programmer - Computer Science Major
Are you a student looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company, spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology providing its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking college students to join our team. If you are a highly motivated college student pursuing a degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, or related major, then UPS is a great place for you to start your career.
Do you want to be a Programmer? UPS is looking for a Summer Intern to assist with the optimization and automation of IT processes.
This position offers an opportunity to gain experience automating data feeds, populating data feeds into a relational database, and perform data analysis on diverse data types to automate manual activities.
We are looking for a Summer Intern who is creative in their approach to assignments and interested in bringing fresh ideas to the team. He/she will work closely with a Business Analyst who will provide guidance and direction as it relates to the assignment.
Knowledge and Skills:
The Summer Intern must be able to work 32-40 hours per week during the summer (generally May through August, 2013).
- Microsoft Excel 2010 (pivot tables, slicers, macros)
- SQL database language skills
- Java programming skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
The Summer Intern must be currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program working toward a degree in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program
- Graduating December 2013, May 2014 or later.
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...