Part-Time Clinically Oriented Behavioral Specialist
RHD is looking for a Part-Time Clinically Oriented Behavioral Specialist to provide behavioral support to residents with intellectual and developmental disabilities in our Philadelphia IDD programs. We are looking for a team-oriented person to develop holistic and creative behavioral/treatment plans that consider the feelings, thoughts and behaviors of our residents within an interpersonal and systemic context.
Clinically Oriented Behavioral Support includes a functional assessment, the development of interpersonal, behavioral and system strategies based on clinical assessment to support and protect the resident, staff, and the community while adhering to RHD values. This systemic approach requires the training of staff, families and caretakers.
The current opening is to provide consultation and direct behavioral support to RHD programs within the IDD system. Many of the individuals supported receive residential and clinical services from RHD’s Mainstay Program. The Mainstay programs specialize in the treatment of individuals with developmental disability and/or mental illness, who manifest problematic sexual behaviors that substantially interfere with community living.
1. Collect and evaluate resident’s medical, familial, psychological, interpersonal and both current and historical behavioral data
2. Observe the resident in various settings for the purpose of developing a clinically oriented behavioral support plan. It is imperative that observations of the residents behavior and interactions with peers and direct care staff occur both in the home and the community.
3. Conduct comprehensive functional assessments of presenting issues (e.g. aggression, self-injurious behavior, law-offending behavior (sexual or otherwise); collaborate with the resident, their family, and residential, operational and clinical staff for the purpose of developing a clinically oriented behavioral support plan. Behavioral Support plans must be based on a functional assessment and support the resident through the inclusion of positive, affirming practices and may not include restraint procedures as support strategies.
4. Conduct training related to implementation of behavioral support plans for the participant, family members, and staff;
5. Implement activities and strategies identified in the resident’s behavioral support plan;
6. Monitor implementation of the clinically oriented behavior support plan providing revisions as needed;
7. Work closely with members of the administrative and clinical team members regarding the plan’s development and implementation. Provide support of the clinical philosophy, and maintenance of a safe and therapeutic environment for the resident, staff and overall community;
8. Provide authorized clinically oriented behavioral support service as outlined in individuals ISPs.
9. Attend and actively participate in relevant team, clinical and outside meetings as directed
10. Attend trainings as needed
11. Provide other duties as required by Director and Clinical Coordinator (if one is available.)
12. Track and report billable hours.
13. Promote and contribute positively to the program and program relationships.
14. Support the clinical design and therapeutic milieu of the program.
1. Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or closely related Human Service field from an accredited university. Prior experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities a plus, as is coursework or experience working with people who are mentally ill or have a dual diagnosis.
2. Training in counseling such groups and behavior modification/ABA.
3. Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team required.
4. Ability to engage with individuals with a variety of physical, cognitive and emotional challenges, including those with a history of problematic sexual behavior.
5. Excellent writing and communication skills.
6. Driver’s license required.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Resources for Human Development - 2 years ago