Stein Mart is currently seeking a talented and friendly individual to join our busy Merchandising Team as a Merchandise Allocation Analyst. This position is responsible for assisting the Merchandise Planner and Divisional Planning Manager to maximize company financial objectives, store sales, margin and turnover by allocating, distributing, and managing merchandise inventory as well as analyzing and monitoring sales performance.
- Allocating merchandise to stores based on store plans and current business trends
- Managing basic replenishment merchandise to ensure timely distribution and assortment
- Supporting store performance evaluation and inventory management by ensuring distributions reflect performance and trends
- Assisting in the development of advertising prep guidelines and pre-market purchase recommendations
- Managing business results by partnering with the Planner to respond to changing sales trends, reviewing weekly stock to sales ratios and overall business at class level, helping to ensure departments achieve plan sales, plan turn, plan markups, and plan markdowns
- Organizing work flow and using analytical thinking skills to identify potential problems and develop appropriate solutions
- Providing information and communicating effectively
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Fashion Merchandising or other related field and/or 1-3 years of applicable retail work experience; prior allocation experience is preferred
- Strong Retail Math skills, Analytical skills, and Project Management skills
- Ability to research and analyze large amounts of data.
- Computer skills to include navigational ability in a networked environment and proficiency in Microsoft Word and email applications; intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Should exhibit a strong interest in working with people
- Results-oriented, willingness to follow through, make informed decisions, complete tasks and problem-solve
- Demonstrated abilities in learning new skills, change/variety in work and creativity; exhibit attention to detail with high degree of accuracy.
SteinMart - 2 years ago
Stein Mart's style is to operate department-like stores that feature discount prices. With some 260 shops in some 30 states, it sells...