Org Marketing Statement
Pfizer Inc: Working together for a healthier world
Founded in 1849, Pfizer is the world's premier biopharmaceutical company taking new approaches to better health. We discover, develop, manufacture and deliver quality, safe and effective prescription medicines to treat and help prevent disease for both people and animals. We also partner with healthcare providers, governments and local communities around the world to expand access to our medicines and to provide better quality health care and health system support. At Pfizer, colleagues in more than 90 countries work every day to help people stay happier and healthier longer and to reduce the human and economic burden of disease worldwide.
VP, Primary Care Business Unit (PCBU) PEAC Lead is responsible for providing PEAC leadership for the PCBU; developing and coordinating the execution of public affairs and communications strategies that help shape the operating environment for PCBU and support PCBU commercial objectives around the world. The VP will:
oEnsure that the needs of the brands are built into core product and above-brand strategies and planning and that public affairs colleagues are educated on key business unit challenges
- Operate as the single point of PEAC accountability for the BU and BU leadership team by mobilizing all PEAC capabilities in support of BU objectives.
- Serve on the business unit leadership team and play a significant role in strategic decision making in setting the direction of the Primary Care Business Unit.
- Embed external environmental assessments, policy objectives and stakeholder engagement into BU strategic and operating plan development and execution.
- Identify priority global public policy, government affairs, corporate responsibility and communications opportunities to maximize value to the BU. Ensure that the BU business model and commercial objectives are reflected in prioritization of all PEAC functions.
- Proactively identify opportunities where communications initiatives advance BU strategy, address issues, strengthen alignment and convey BU mission, vision and priorities. Deliver communication programs/messages that achieve business goals for key audiences and stakeholders.
- Develop and coordinate execution of public affairs initiatives with policymakers/stakeholders/customers to enhance BU value and reputation.
- Coordinate with communications and public affairs counterparts for business units, R&D, Medical and within the corporate Centers of Excellence to ensure alignment across BU initiatives and issues, as appropriate.
- Develop and coordinate execution of communications projects and initiatives that align with Pfizer’s four imperatives.
- Align BU communication platform with overall Pfizer messaging (internally and externally).
- Manage business milestones and issues with integrated communications plans tailored to key internal and external audiences, in partnership with Worldwide Communications Centers of Excellence and other business partners.
- Work with global brand teams to identify public affairs and policy issues/opportunities, provide strategic direction, and set priorities to support the strategic objectives for in-line and pipeline brand assets.
- Anticipate effects of government, competitor, NGO, and other external action and reaction to brand and drive portfolio strategies and decisions.
- Work with geographic public affairs organizations, including therapeutic area leads, to ensure that strategies are refined and implemented, and that appropriate Pfizer in-market resources are mobilized to enable execution.
- Guide development of tools for in-market or field organizations to support implementation of public affairs strategies.
- Guide brand teams on the interrelationships between the public sector and other major institutions that drive, create or hinder product and/or life cycle management opportunities, and on government policies that affect the brands.
- Ensure relevant public affairs colleagues are focused on the right priorities and coordinated in their support.
oProvide leadership across public affairs.
- Ensure public affairs activities are in compliance with Pfizer policy and legal obligations.
- Develop and track appropriate BU metrics to evaluate effectiveness of PEAC programs.
- Plan and manage a budget, and operate within established guidelines.
This position requires the integration of government relations, policy, communications, corporate responsibility, public affairs, and business expertise to develop effective strategies and implementation plans in support of BU priorities. The ideal candidate will possess experience in several of these areas with the capability of quickly acquiring knowledge in others. The position requires extensive interaction with colleagues from a wide variety of positions within Pfizer’s headquarters, and regionally based business, communications and public affairs structures.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Minimum 10 years experience combined in public policy or government relations / public/corporate affairs/ legal affairs/communications or media relations.
- Experience in pharmaceutical / heath care industry knowledge is required.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Must have an established track record of coalition building in complex environments.
- Must have a superior ability to accomplish company goals in a matrix environment.
- Proven experience in implementing strategic and tactical plans.
- Hands-on crisis and reputation management experience.
- Strategic thinker, able to tackle complex issues and develop innovative solutions that result in winning partnerships.
- Demonstrated understanding of the business and the ability to translate business needs into strategic public affairs and communication plans that advance the BU and Company goals.
- Proven ability to align and integrate public affairs and communications strategy with business strategy.
- Should be well organized, highly motivated, innovative and process driven with regards to problem solving and results oriented.
- Must be able to work 1) under pressure, 2) both independently and in a team environment, and 3) with all levels of the organization as well as government officials.
- Travel necessary (domestic and international) travel required: 10%
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pfizer in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pfizer to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pfizer and the specific job and/or work site. Pfizer may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pfizer's support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pfizer.
Pfizer pfabricates pfarmaceuticals pfor quite a pfew inpfirmities. The company is the world's largest research-based pharmaceuticals...