Responsible for designing a circuit path across the company network with an expert-level knowledge and understanding of the network architecture and routing configurations. Within the design responsibilities, accountable for producing an accurate design layout record by applying an advanced understanding of the products and their specifications offered by the company and the scope of work requested on a customer order meets the product criteria, as well as having in-house parts/equipment available for consumption and delivery to the end user. Ensures the success of the team by balancing and prioritizing the workload in accordance with customer requests and company/department initiatives/objectives. Responsibilties include writing/solving for process/procedural gaps and bringing closure to problematic orders for individual orders as well as for the team. Trains and provides team building, represents the department in activities requiring design engineering participation and supports management through delegation.
Education and Experience
- Designs and provisions customer, network, dark fiber, and collocation circuits including both on-net and off-net basic routing network configurations. Creates layout records and maintains data integrity of inventory record consumption.
- Determines alternate options and/or initiates capacity resolutions as required.
- Owns and resolves issues and problematic order activities against assigned orders and team supplement for closures, as required.
- Manages individual and group daily workload in alignment with revenue and customer commitments across multiple orders, systems and processes for the entire group.
- Provides training to members within the organization. Performs and is regarded as subject matter expert/stakeholder for the department when engaged in core team meetings and activities where design engineering representation is required.
- Validates orders for information accuracy based on internal company product ordering specifications.
- Assists manager with identifying key metrics and measuring performance at a group and individual level.
- Documents and executes internal processes and procedures, and ensures adherence by the team.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience: 5+ yrs
- Education Level: Associate's Degree
- Field Of Study: Telecommunications
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred.
- Requires a highly motivated and solutions driven individual that desires to expand their knowledge, as well as exhibits creativity and originality
- Advanced/expert knowledge of ring configurations and network routing
- Advanced/expert knowledge of metro gear/equipment - Lucent/Fujitsu/CIenna/Alcatel/Cisco
- Advanced knowledge on equipment retrievals
- Adapts and thrives in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
- Manages/facilitates issues to resolution
- Demonstrated effectiveness to escalations/urgent-related matters
- Advanced/expert knowledge of bandwidths from DS1 to OC192 and including ethernet VT1/STS configurations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Reliable/Ability to work overtime as necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Energetic, positive, and customer-focused attitude
- Team oriented - able to work well with others in a professional environment
- Excellent problem solving skills - ability to facilitate issue resolution
- Required experience in writing process documentation and implementation
- Experience with leading a team preferred
- Supports and assists design Manager and provides coverage when necessary
Sits five to seven hours per day. Stands and or walks one to three hours per day. May bend, reach, stoop and crouch throughout the day. Should have the ability to hear, speak and see effectively to perform the necessary tasks of this position. Manual dexterity is occasionally required. The position may require frequent movement and activity relating to using keyboards, viewing data on computer displays, and communicating verbally and in writing to the needs of others. The employee-owner may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Government Security Required: No
Level 3 Communications - 11 months ago
L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite telephones...