Michigan Investigative Group, the states choice for insurance mitigation claims, currently seeks flexible, energetic, and creative applicants for a part time Field Investigator position in the Metro-Detroit area.
- Willing and able to work surveillance and/or claims cases as needed.
- Independently investigate insurance claims filed for a variety of coverage to general liability, disability, property and casualty cases.
- Use own discretion in the observation and collection of facts related to a claim and the video documentation of any activity related to a claim.
- Interview persons known to be involved or having knowledge of an insurance claim.
- Must be able to develop professional, accurate, and detailed reports.
- Testify to the collected facts obtained in any hearing or court of law as needed.
MUST BE ABLE TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS (SEE BELOW):
- Must have prior investigation or law enforcement experience.
- SECURITY experience does not qualify for "Investigation"
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must be a self starter
- Strong computer and internet skills
- Able and willing to travel as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Suitable vehicle for surveillance
- Laptop computer
- Flexible work schedule to include weekends as needed
- Cellular phone
- Surveillance experience in the insurance industry a plus (minimum 1-2 years)
- Associates/Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related field preferred
- Prior SIU or related experience is preferred
Michigan Investigative Group provides paid training out of our Michigan location if needed.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements for this position should apply directly online now, or, fax their resume to Michigan Investigative Group 586-591-5995. please visit our website at http://migpi.com/. No phone calls please.
Michigan Investigative Group is an EEO employer promoting the most qualified individuals without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity.