Wholly owned subsidiary Logistics company with 300 power units and 1,500 trailers. 80% of business is dedicated customers.
The Equipment Manager will report directly to the N.A. Operations Manager. This position would be responsible for but not limited to the following;
1. Manage 1,500 trailers across the U.S. – 80% of trailers are domiciled in 5 locations
2. Develop a tracking system/Program for trailers to be used by operations
3. Develop, execute and manage trailer and tractor KPI’s with assistance of Operations Managers
4. Develop and manage the executive management reporting
5. Develop schedule for all leased tractors and help develop plan for future
6. Champion relationship with Onboard computer and trailer tracking vendors
7. Co-lead with regional operations managers developing and implementing trailer swap out plan with old/new equipment
8. Manage all registrations and tagging requirements as designated by the FMCSA
9. Develop and maintain an asset register (in TMW)
10. Develop and implement a maintenance tracking program
Must have previous fleet and equipment management experience with multiple location accountability. Candidate would preferably have previous P&L accountability and MUST have experience with equipment management in the for hire carrier.
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 5 years experience in the transportation industry and a 4 year college degree.