As EA’s first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA All Play creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and mass-casual gamers worldwide, EA All Play delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA All Play portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including original EA and partner franchises like The Simpsons, Tetris, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, World Series of Poker, Real Racing, Ultima, as well as online games destination Pogo.com.
At Pogo, DevOps Engineers are integral to the collaborative relationship between development, online operations, and quality assurance. They partner with multiple development teams working on a wide array of platforms and products (from mobile to online applications) and they support the development, build, test, release, and operations phases of the software development lifecycle through innovative use of the latest technologies. Join us to play a key role in delivering unsurpassed experiences to our users!
- Embrace the DevOps culture to automate processes, continuously improve them, and foster trust and togetherness between developers, operations, and quality assurance.
- Create, manage, and improve build, release and patching processes.
- Craft deployment pipelines, tools, and systems to support continuous delivery.
- Lead the gathering and analysis of metrics to help drive decision making and measure improvement; work with APIs to create dashboards and automate processes.
- Help scale large systems to support many thousands of simultaneous users / gamers.
- Keep a focus on long term sustainability, craft solutions that are durable and performant.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu, Debian experience a plus)
- Scripting (shell script, along with Python, Groovy, or similar a plus)
- Build systems knowledge (Maven and/or ANT)
- Continuous integration tools (Jenkins/Hudson, etc)
- Networking skills (TCP/IP, DNS) and ability to troubleshoot client-server architectures
- Source control experience, especially Perforce, Git, and SVN
- Configuration management process experience and best practice awareness
- Solid written and verbal skills to document solutions and communicate concepts
- Security protocols knowledge (proper use of SSH, network security layers)
- Cloud tech familiarity, e.g. Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- System configuration management with tools like Chef, Puppet
- Metrics and analysis tools, both for internal processes and production systems
- Experience with agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban)
- Self-driven, minimal supervision required
- 3 years software / systems engineering experience, some in the game industry ideal.
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience.
Electronic Arts - 11 months ago
To armchair quarterbacks and couch-potato commandos, Electronic Arts (EA) is their Picasso. EA is a top-three global video game publisher...