Here°s where you come in... |
Braintree is seeking an experienced Communications Director. The Communications Director will be responsible for managing external communications, including crafting content, thought leadership strategies and messaging.
Had you been with us last month, you would have...
- Distilled key messages and story angles to help guide written communications and media interviews
- Written contributed articles and blog posts to extend Braintree ’s thought leadership
- Crafted press releases and communications that clearly communicate Braintree ’s story
- Developed and execute social media strategy to create brand awareness
- Monitored coverage and develop communication strategies for online discussions
What we do...
- Exceptional writing skills and passion for communications
- Prior experience with a technology company, preferably for complex B2B product or service
- Demonstrated experience leveraging Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and social forums to drive communications
- Excellent journalistic writing and editing practices and strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to craft effective communications for a technology product or service and communicating to a technology-savvy audience
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team to communicate key Braintree initiatives
- Ability to guide a public relations firm in securing top tier media coverage
- Minimum 8 years in communications, journalism, or public relations
We help businesses process credit card payments by providing a merchant account, payment gateway, recurring billing tools and credit card storage. The company is disrupting the payments industry by providing elegant tools for developers coupled with white-glove support. We°re unlike others in the industry; we think and do things differently and are frequently told by our customers that we°re not just the best payments support, but the best support *period* that they ’ve ever encountered.
A few things about us...
We were founded in 2007, and are very fortunate to count among our customers some of the largest, most reputable, and fastest growing merchants in the U.S such as: LivingSocial, 37signals, OpenTable and GitHub as well as our growing list of international merchants. Our team is now over 100 strong and the company is on track to process more than $5 billion USD in credit card volume in 2012 from more than 2,000 merchants. Braintree was profitably bootstrapped for four years before accepting a $34 million investment from Accel Partners in 2011, and $35 million investment from NEA in 2012. Braintree was ranked 47th in the 2011 Inc. 500. We ’ve worked unbelievably hard to deliver value and it ’s paid off.
Our appealing work environment includes highly competent co-workers, competitive pay, engaging work, casual dress, flexible schedule, full health, vision and dental benefits, and 401k with employer match. We have a dart board, foosball table, and bags (corn hole) in the office. We work very hard and have a lot of fun. We thrive on doing things better, more efficiently, and smarter. We are a flat organization. We don°t have an employee hierarchy or official job titles (you choose your own). We don°t have a vacation policy; we trust people to get their work done and maintain a proper work life balance. We°re not looking for people who want to move into management because we don°t have it.
We have unusually high expectations of our people. Here are some characteristics that we value in each other...
We will reply to your application, no matter what.
- Self management: both hands are firmly gripped on the steering wheel
- Ownership: I ’ve got it, you don ’t need to think about it
- Initiative: getting things done without the slightest nudge
- Virtue: honesty, good deeds, kindness, and appreciation
- Problem Solving: nothing that can ’t be solved and improved
- Team work: we before I
Braintree - 19 months ago