The Volunteer Coordinator reports to the Chief Development Officer and supports the recruitment, supervision and support of all volunteers, interns, medical students, etc. that wish to donate their time to Mary’s Center. This position ensures the smooth operation of the volunteer program and helps to articulate Mary’s Center’s mission and needs to the community through networking, volunteer projects, and special events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Respond to volunteer requests received on the volunteer office phone line or volunteer email account.
- Keep up-to-date on the current volunteer needs of the organization.
- Volunteer Management – recruit, screen, train, schedule, support, evaluate, and recognize volunteers to maintain service quality and maximize retention of volunteers.
- Maintain a volunteer database outlining the characteristics and interest of the volunteers, timeline of work with us, and collaborate with Mary’s Center programs for placement.
- Maintain a database of potential volunteers, from which to reference as needs arise.
- Meet with community organizations, colleges, universities and other locations in order to maintain a constant pool of volunteers.
- Participate in community meetings and fairs to share information about Mary’s Center.
- Support the development of program materials.
- Maintain relationship with DC Public Schools, DC Public Libraries and community organizations.
- Develop, distribute, and analyze responses to an annual volunteer survey.
- Create a quarterly newsletter to inform volunteers of program activities and expand their knowledge of relevant issues.
- Accept, manage, and distribute all in-kind donations received by Mary’s Center.
- Process all written in-kind donation acknowledgements within two days of receipt.
- Keep donation storage and distribution spaces clean and organized.
- Work with the Mary’s Center Communications Department in the development of press releases and media inquiry responses as well as raise awareness about Mary’s Center and its programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience – Preferred bachelor’s degree with experience in human resources or volunteer recruitment and management. Community Outreach and donor cultivation are essential to this position.
The ability to communicate proficiently in English; bilingual Spanish/English preferred. Working knowledge of Windows and Word
Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out highly-complex multi-step instructions and make appropriate independent decisions as necessary.
Physical Demands – Regularly required to sit; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear; must be able to lift objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
Work Environment – Mostly in a an office setting with quiet to moderate noise level. Occasional travel may be needed.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Mary's Center - 7 months ago