We are looking for a Senior EMC /Greenplum engineer and expert to help us with Data Warehousing, database administration, and system administration using Greenplum resources.
Working within the Security team and in conjunction with application development, Database Administrators, Data Scientists, and Security consultants this person will provide technical expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity. This person will require flexibility and be able to parse complex files, develop database models and provide development advice and best practices, interface with management to provide and obtain information, and to build consensus regarding project direction.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Provide support - including Greenplum/Unix system administration
• Monitor ongoing operation of automated data processing to ensure regular and timely delivery of reports and behavior analysis.
• Database and ETL development on Greenplum
• Coding on Greenplum for the purpose of parsing complex files
• Developing reusable tools and scripts (in postgresSql, or other Scripting languages)
• Maintain configuration changes and user management in client deployments and data models.
• Perform regular test procedures for certification of client environment health and proper operation following upgrades and service interruptions.
• Validate new releases through UAT procedures and manage the upgrade of client environments with each company release
• Optimizing code and procedures for data aggregations, ETL and DDL/DML (primarily in PostgresSQL)
• Loading/optimizing/managing large data sets - in Greenplum from Windows , Hadoop and other sources
• Configuring and Monitoring Backup and High Availability jobs and components
• Migrate data from source systems to Greenplum environment utilizing appropriate ELT/ETL tools or developing scripts, procedures or functions to perform the tasks
• Advises on tactical performance and tuning
• Troubleshoots application problems
• Ability to work at multiple levels of abstraction - leading and doing
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and/or a minimum of 4 years of equivalent work experience
• A minimum of 12 years of job related experience in Information Technology or equivalency.
• A minimum of 10 years of Database Administration(DBA) experience.
• Extensive knowledge of Greenplum database development, administration, and architecture
• Extensive Experience with PostgreSQL - PostgreSQL Developer in a warehouse environment
• Working Knowledge of Informatica
• Proven knowledge of ETL process design for Greenplum
• Experience with MapReduce/Hadoop,PIG/HIVE, NoSQL.
• Extensive knowledge of Greenplum Data Appliance
• Extensive Hadoop experience.
• Senior level knowledge and experience Scripting in UNIX (perl, shell, etc), good knowledge of Linux
• Experience with Big Data analytics
• Experience in working on the statistics functions and models
• Must have ETL development experience in the MPP environment with daily data processing volume on terabyte scale
• Familiar with SQL Fire
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Strong consulting and organizational skills
• Strong technical implementation skills
• Familiar with MS SQL and SSIS
Kaiser Permanente - 20 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...