A Defect Analysis Engineer is a critical team member to be actively involved in particle root source findings and Worlds Best Tool & Dog Tool improvement activities which contribute to yield enhancement and FCC reduction. You will help us better focus on yield enhancement activities and provide additional support for our advanced LSI fab. You will provide fluent care of a steady stream of particle analysis requests such as Tape Samples/Vendor & Parts Verification, ESEM/EDX, Q3+ and other fab defect/yield related issues. You will partner and support the various Unit Parts or Defect Module activities as we connect the Fab to analytical results and continue to drive defect reduction projects.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor (SAS) is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the United States. Owned by Samsung Electronics Corporation Ltd., SAS manufactures logic components for digital devices, tablets, smart phones, and other mobile platforms. Since 1997, SAS has been at the forefront of manufacturing technology, enabling the world's digital devices to operate at the highest performance.
Common Essential Duties & Resp.
- Particle trace methodology application of in-line particle problems and related requests.
- Analysis reporting with recommendation and root cause mechanism.
- Fab process/tool/metrology parameter data and correlation analysis.
- Customer communication and attending meetings for yield loss related to particle & fab issues.
- Initiate and execute fab particle projects and root source finding activities.
- Wafer Edge - Defects/Characterization/Particle Reduction.
- Backside - Reverse Engineering.
- VisEdge Applications and Operations.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
- Requires a minimum of a B.S in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, or related field. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of semiconductor experience. 4 to 6 years is preferred.
Physical / Mental Demands & Condition
- Knowledge of basic computer applications and reporting skill (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, initiation, troubleshooting skills
- Fundamental understanding of LSI process, Fab operations & equipment.
- Fundamental understanding of analytic techniques is a plus.
- Preferred Equipment based engineering or Vendor support, not required.
- Fast learner with the ability to maintain an on-call schedule (nights/weekends) shared with coworkers.
- Requires ability to work inside a fab enviornment for extended periods, wearing full protective clothing.
- Requires ability to bend, stoop and lift up to 30 pounds of equipment.
Monster - 17 months ago
Samsung Group is a South Korean multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul. It comprises numerous subsidiaries...