Tooling Development Engineer
This job requisition is for an Equipment Development Engineer within the Assembly Test Capital Equipment Development (ATCED) group. In this role, the candidate will be responsible tooling hardware development for test equipment in support of Intel's CPU, chipset, and communication product roadmaps. The tooling development process requires the definition of technical, schedule and quality requirements, supplier and project management, qualification test definition and execution, and transfer to high volume manufacturing (HVM).
Your responsibilities will also include but not be limited to:
Working with divisional customers to understand the test tooling requirements and working with the supply chain to complete the development for new product and preparations for HVM ramp, writing purchase specifications, managing development projects to meet a schedule, reviewing and/or ratifying designs, performing hands on qualification, designing and executing experiments, performing inspections, Developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment, deployment of lean and six-sigma methodologies within the tooling supply chain, statistical analysis, technical and supply chain risk assessment and/or reporting, and communication of results and risks to internal and external stakeholders.
The candidate will regularly interface with internal organizations such as Sort Test Technology Development (STTD), Assembly Test Manufacturing (ATM), commodity management team as well as external suppliers.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience would be obtained through your educational level research and/or relevant job/internship experiences.
Bachelor or a Master of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
Additional Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Basic Knowledge of Design of Experiments, Statistics, Test Process Flow
- Thermal Engineering
- Basic understanding of signal integrity
- Handler Kits and/or Test Tooling (Interface Units, Motherboard) Development
- Equipment Development or experience from Fab, Assembly and Test would be an added advantage
- Experience in supply chain management or direct engagement with suppliers
- Results oriented and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to understand and streamline technical and business processes
- Ability to think creatively and identify new solutions to a variety of problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (internal/external), team skills, and ability to influence
- Comfortable with high levels of ambiguity and a strong vision of future technology trends as they relate to test tooling technologies
- A high level of personal initiative is required upon receiving management guidance and direction
- Strong sense of team work, customer orientation, quality and discipline
- Ability to work with customers to define requirements and analyze business processes
- Experience working across geographies is a plus
- Formal project management training; PMP would be an added advantage
Feb 7, 2013
Apr 22, 2013
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to final test and optimization, and lastly packaging. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing group are part of a worldwide network of manufacturing and assembly/test facilities.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
Intel - 13 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
At Intel, we see more inside the every day. We see potential, opportunity...