ATK Aerospace Systems leads the industry in solid rocket propulsion systems, satellite components and subsystems, lightweight space deployables and solar arrays. We are constantly pushing the boundaries of our nation's capabilities in space.
ATK’s Dayton, OH facility is seeking an experienced Electrical Design Engineering Professional for the position of Design Engineer with emphasis on Project Leadership. Products under development include aerospace antennas, radomes, and composite structures.
This position will focus on antenna and radome product development including design, analysis, manufacturing support, test validation.
Design and analysis will include industry standard software packages. Plan and assist hardware test validation using standard microwave equipment and techniques including vector network analyzer (VNA) and anechoic chamber. Regular communication with Integrated Product Team (IPT) members is expected. Particular consideration given to candidates with experience in conformal antenna design, low observable (LO) / RCS reduction techniques, and motion control.
ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
- Active Secret Clearance or ability to obtain (typically requires US Citizenship)
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering; MS preferred (will be verified)
- Minimum 4 years with B.S. or related experience, 2 years with M.S.
- Relevant experience in aerospace industry, with design experience in conformal antenna apertures / arrays, and radomes
- Demonstrated ability to develop product designs, and verify those designs through prototype fabrication and testing
- Understands fundamental concepts of electromagnetics
- Experience with commercial Computational Electromagnetic (CEM) codes such as HFSS, FEKO, XFDTD, CST, PMM.
- Ability to create simple programs for design and data analysis using tools such as MATLAB
- Experience within anechoic test chambers
- Working experience with the test and evaluation of microwave devices, utilizing RF test equipment such as a Vector Network Analyzer (VNA)
- Knowledge of composite manufacturing processes is desired
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Experience fostering and leading in a culture of continuous improvement in technical and process capability
- Ability to work across multiple projects and follow through to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
Engineering and Sciences
less than 25%
Years of Experience:
Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical, Design Engineer, Product Development, Engineering, Research
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...