Our philosophy is a focus of dynamic early intervention (seeing patients typically within 1 to 3 days of their injury - no chronic pain). It is a hands-on sports medicine approach to musculoskeletal medicine. We employ highly motivated therapists who understand customer service towards patients and the employers we serve.
Concentra Physical Therapy offers therapists the opportunity to provide care to the private/group health and Occupational Medicine patients as well as providing Wellness services to the general population.
- Sponsorship in The Manual Therapy Institute, an APTA accredited fellowship program (not required for employment)
- Transitional DPT assistance
- $1,000 CME allowance annually, plus 3 CME days
- Career advancement pathway
- Excellent work/life balance: Mon. thru Fri. schedule
- Competitive compensation packages, bundled with a new incentive plan
- Paid APTA dues & licensure fees
- Evidence based practice
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ PTO / 401K benefits
Provides treatment to restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or disease, in accordance with Concentra Medical Centers' Injury Process Management and Concentra Medical Centers' philosophy of rehabilitation in occupational medicine.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Clinical Responsibilities (Process Management / Content Management skills):
- Conducts an initial evaluation on physician referrals and develops appropriate treatment plans.
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
- Ensures that other treating medical professionals have the necessary information to appropriately evaluate the patient's functional ability.
- Documents treatment plans according to guidelines.
- Communicates with the referring physician, giving full evaluations and patient's progress.
- Provides recommendations for continuance or changes in the patient's therapy program.
- Communicates with all medical providers regarding patients and diagnoses.
- Communicates with all therapy patients, setting expectations for return-to-work and emphasizing educations and motivation.
- Develops knowledge of best demonstrated practices and specific quality indicators to measure and improve them.
- Communicates with employers concerning specific rehabilitation issues of injured employees as indicated and meets with employers to discuss Concentra's early intervention philosophy.
- Coordinates with the Center Therapy Director to keep missed appointment rates within acceptable ranges.
- Participates with the evaluation of capital equipment and staff needed to fulfill its rehabilitation responsibilities.
- Participates with the Center Therapy Director to bring new business to the center.
- Assists with statistical analysis of the center's therapy performance.
- Establishes and promotes clear lines of communication between therapy and other center staff members.
- Assists with tracking and documenting of pre-authorization requirements according to state standards in the patients chart.
- Assists with the interviewing of prospective therapy staff and provides feedback.
- Assists with the coordination of the center's therapy staff schedules to ensure efficient productivity while meeting client needs.
- Assists with the evaluation of the performance of all Therapy Technician staff and Physical Therapist Assistant's on an annual basis.
- Assists with evaluating the performance of any staff member at the center for the purpose of promotion and make recommendations.
- Assists the with the disciplinary process for all Therapy Technician staff members; Physical Therapist Assistants:
- Identifies issues in need of disciplinary action.
- Determines the point at which the action has been corrected, further discipline must be conducted or if termination is necessary.
- Communicates with the Outcome Assurance Injury Coordinator or the Case Manager for each patient.
- Participates in clinical instruction of university physical therapy and/or physical therapist assistant students.
- Participates in the evaluation of the effectiveness of the rehabilitation quality management process and implements new and improved processes.
- Ensures compliance with rules and regulations established by the relevant licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Develops a working knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and respective State Workers' Compensation laws.
- Develop or improve occupational medicine services and overall teamwork within the centers.
- Meets with the Regional Therapy Director or the designee on a regular basis to discuss quality of patient care, procedures, records, review of new policies and other issues as indicated.
- Participates regularly in professional continuing education.
* Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
* Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
* If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.
- Demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- Licensure requirements of jurisdiction.
Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation,...