Responsible for clinically competent operation of ultrasound equipment to aid physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of their patients. Demonstrates compliance of all safety procedures for all assigned patients along with documenting care according to departmental standards.
Performs patient care services:
- Functions as an expert clinical resource for populations served
- Demonstrates knowledge of all assigned Ultrasound examinations, exam preparations, and room set-up
- Demonstrates complete knowledge of diagnostic ultrasound procedures including but not limited to: anatomy and pathology of general abdominal, Ob/Gyn, vascular, biopsy procedures, patient identification, evaluation of medical record documentation, infection control procedures and image processing
- Competently prepares and processes films/images according to department protocols
- Demonstrates and promotes team work with flexibility, willingness to assist other departmental service locations as requested, showing respect and cooperation with all departments and individuals, living the standards or behavior
- Provide professional education to students, staff and the public
- Technologists will be working with five ultrasound systems, one arterial system, and one mammotome system
- Must adhere to current ARDMS CME requirements
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Adequate knowledge and understanding of how to operate all vital equipment.
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledgeable in the operations of various vendor ultrasound systems, knobology and arterial systems.
- Graduate of accredited program in ultrasound technology
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) (if not already registered obtained within 1 year from date of hire)
- CPR Certification
Special Job Characteristics:
Department hours of operation Monday through Friday 7am to 11pm and Saturday and Sunday 7am to 3pm
One to two weekend shifts a month
On-call rotation required for after hours
Occasional offsite rotation may be required
Sherman Health - 24 months ago