BASIC SUMMARY :|
Responsible for performing operational, administrative and technical tasks to provide comprehensive care for all species of laboratory animals at the site, including: feeding/watering, sanitizing primary and secondary enclosures, environmental enrichment, handling and restraint and related tasks. Assist with the movement of animals and stocking of supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May handle, restrain, and provide care for all species of animals at the site.
- May observe animals for general health and overall well being.
- Clean primary enclosure and enclosure area for animals.
- Sanitize cages, enrichment devices and other related equipment.
- Measure and distribute feed to animals in accordance with established procedures.
- May provide environmental enrichment with guidance.
- Inspect feeding and watering devices for proper function.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
- May assist with the movement/transfer of animals.
- May perform cagewash duties as assigned.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required.
- Experience: None.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: None. Charles River Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in the workplace.
Chickens and rats have an important part to play in Charles River Laboratories International's specialty portfolio of medical products....