If you are interested in joining a stable, fast-growing company that encourages professional advancement, fosters teamwork and rewards ingenuity, then Cobham may be right for you.
Cobham is an international company engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading edge aerospace and defense technology and systems.
Cobham's products and services have been at the heart of sophisticated military and civil systems for more than 75 years, keeping people safe, improving communications, and enhancing the capability of land, sea, air and space platforms.
The Company has three divisions employing more than 12,000 people on five continents, with customers and partners in more than 100 countries and annual revenue of some $4+ Billion.
Due to recent contract awards, Cobham Mission Systems in Davenport Iowa has many positions available.Manufacturing Engineer
We have multiple Manufacturing Engineer openings. One position requires the ability to travel to Brazil, whilethe others do not.If you are willing to travel to Brazil for work, then pleaseindicate this in your cover letter or in the body of your resume.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Conduct projects and studies involving process or product improvements, process control and the analysis of technical problems with limited supervision and guidance.
- Evaluate the manufacturability of parts and assemblies and suggest improvements.
- Develop and document production and assembly processes and test procedures.
- Provide training and technical support to hourly personnel for new processes.
- Analyze and refine existing processes that do not consistently yield acceptable results.
- Analyze discrepant parts or units as required to determine whether a process problem exists.
- May participate on various teams for design review, configuration control, process improvement, etc, as assigned.
- Estimate production or rework labor for parts or assemblies.
- Performs all operations according to prescribed safety principles.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aeronautical, or a related engineering discipline strongly preferred.��
- Two years manufacturing/production engineering experience preferred
- Ability to identify the root cause of a problem and develop appropriate corrective and preventive action.
- Familiarity with common aerospace sheet metal fabrication and assembly processes preferred.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and print reading preferred.
- Ability to make independent judgments on technical issues
- Ability to lift 25 lbs occasionally and work in an office, lab, shop floor and indoor industrial environment
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Education assistance
- Flex hours
- 15 paid holidays
- Fitness Center
- Business casual dress, and more.
Carleton Life Support Systems - 11 months ago
Carleton Life Support Systems (Carleton) is a world leader in the application of air separation technology for aviation applications and in...