SHIFT: 2nd Shift(15:30-00:00); Tuesday - Saturday. Must flex on days/shifts
The purpose of this position is to technically support our customers who test / recover their operating environment at SunGard. The Technology Service Delivery Engineer (TSDE) will configure servers, related operating systems, peripheral devices and infrastructure. The TSDE will field technical escalation and provide advanced problem determination / resolution for all aspects of recovery testing. Detailed configuration planning and reporting are required. The TSDE will interface directly with the customers’ staff and will include execution of customer-specific technical recovery scripts to recover operating systems, data and applications as required by our Managed Recovery Program (MRP).. We are looking for primary technical disciplines with x86 server hardware, including Microsoft Windows, VMware and Linux operating environments and Backup/Recovery applications (Symantec Netbackup or IBM Tivoli Storage Manager).
Primary Technical Skills:
Provide proficient support with Operating Systems listed below..
- Operating System(s) Supported :
o Microsoft Windows,
o Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Recovery Applications/Other Applications:
- Proficient with at least two backup /software products:
o EMC Legato Networker
o IBM Tivoli Storage Manager(TSM)
o Symantec NetBackup
o Microsoft Exchange
o Microsoft SQL
o Storage Area Networks (SAN).
o Fibre Channel technology.
o External fibre channel-based disk storage arrays.
o Enterprise-class tape libraries (ex; IBM 3584).
Test/Recovery Setup and Support :
Manage Recovery Program (MRP): .
- Load operating systems on servers, validate.
- Storage Area Network(SAN) - zone the respective hardware as required.
- Technical support to customers during testing/recovery.
- Own problems reporting during testing.
- Troubleshoot systems, servers, peripheral hardware, operating systems, network and infrastructure problems as required.
- Document status - interactions, defects, resolution/recommendations.
o Meet cross-training requirements for other platforms.
- Review technical recovery scripts for clarity and accuracy prior to recovery or test event.
- Execute customer-specific recovery scripts to restore operating system, applications and data.
- Update related Application/Host Status Reports, observations & recommendations.
- Assist the Service Delivery Manager(SDM) with post-test reporting as required.
- Cross Training:
o Assist and mentor Technical Service Delivery Specialists with fulfilling cross training requirements.
o Assist management with future cross training plans
Requirements and Preferred Requirements
Ability to learn quickly & work independently.
Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Windows Office-based applications (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- College Degree preferred but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, team player able to immediately contribute in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment.
- Previous experience in a disaster recovery /information availability role a plus.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds as needed for test set up.
- Must be able to periodically shift schedule to meet business objectives.
- Working knowledge of project management fundamentals.
Excellent organizational & time management skills.
Good problem solving & decision making skills.
Understanding of current information technologies.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
Minimum (5) years technical experience with direct customer contact – internal or external.
- Minimum (6) years operational experience in a server computing environment .
Minimum (4) years as a Systems Administrator/Engineer capacity current in a production and multi-server environment.
Minimum (3) years supporting server hardware (ex; configuring, upgrading, problem determination, proactive maintenance).
o Operating systems – Microsoft Windows, VMware, Linux.
o Storage Area Networks (SAN), and Fibre Channel technology.
o Network Attached Storage (NAS) or external disk storage arrays preferred.
o Enterprise-class tape libraries preferred.
o Knowledge of TCP/IP and network technologies.
- Schedule flexibility – Must flex off of default schedule (days/shifts) to meet business support requirements.
- Travel - Periodic travel maybe required to customer locations for technical meetings.
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...