Rhythmia Medical, a recent acquisition of Boston Scientific, designs and develops an innovative system to treat cardiac arrhythmias which targets one of the fastest growing fields in medical devices. This business employs a small team of super talented individuals whose aim is to have a major impact on developing a breakthrough life-saving technology.
The Rhythmia Medical software is a sophisticated, high-performance 3D mapping system which processes and visualizes data collected directly from a patient’s beating heart in real time.
The Software Test Manager will lead a small and growing team of Software Test Engineers in all aspects of quality, including writing of test protocols, execution of tests, documentation, and daily management of team personnel. We are looking for a highly technical person who can function at all levels of Software Testing/Quality and acquire deep knowledge of the software. This person should have a keen understanding of real user and product needs and an ability to prioritize accordingly. This person should be able to meet the needs of product quality and regulatory compliance, while maintaining efficiency and respecting business-critical timelines.
- Maintain and evolve overall testing strategy.
- Manage Software Test engineers. Delegate tasks. Track progress. Review results.
- Manage defect database.
- Coordinate with software engineers. Bring attention to important problems. Participate in design discussions.
- Introduce automated regression testing
- Manage various aspects of software process and produce documentation for regulatory compliance.
The ideal candidate will have five or more years of experience as a software QA or Software Test engineer, with two years of experience as a QA manager.
Quality System Requirements
- A strong CS background, preferably BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Some programming experience, preferably with knowledge of scripting and automated testing tools.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- A natural attention to detail and a penchant for organizing and documenting.
- Some background working in a regulated environment
- A good learner who can master complex software and quickly adapt to new tools and technologies.
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- General Office Environment
- Travel 0-10%
Boston Scientific knows that nothing is simple in matters of the heart. The company makes medical supplies and devices used to diagnose and...