Processing Archivist for the Legendre Collection at the College of Charleston Library
Grant funded position
Reporting to the Manager of Archival Processing, the Gertrude Sanford Legendre Papers Project Archivist is an 18-month position funded by a grant from the Medway Charitable Trust. The Processing Archivist is responsible for the arrangement and description of the approximately 175 linear foot Gertrude Sanford Legendre Papers, which span from the early 19 th to the early 21 st century, (bulk 1930 – 1990).
Processing and Intellectual Access for the Gertrude Sanford Legendre Papers (100%)
Supervision: Reports to Manager of Processing Services
- Arranges, describes, and catalogs the collections in all formats
- Prepares the collection finding aids, guides, and other descriptive access tools, including the creation of EAD-encoded finding aids according to the grant project work plan
- Assures appropriate physical housing and storage of the collections
- Identifies and refers items as necessary for preservation treatment
- Supervises one half-time archival aide
- Works with Lowcountry Digital Library staff and another dedicated half time staff person in selection, prioritization and creation of digital files and metadata for ingestion into the Lowcountry Digital Library’s Fedora repository and provides intellectual content for online exhibits.
- Effectively utilizes controlled vocabularies in multiple formats.
- Posts to the Library’s blog and uses other appropriate social media to report on progress and raise visibility of the collection
Grant funded 18 month position begins October 2013.
The College is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other legally protected classifications. The College is AA/EEO. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Please send cover letter, CV, and names and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 6, 2013.
Candidates are also encouraged to apply for the position of Processing Archivist for the Political Collection Project – separate application, please.
Society of American Archivists
- 2 years ago - save job