Product Development Engineer
Focus is on leading small to large scale projects/assignments and/or having the key technical role in multiple projects/assignments.
- Lead moderate to complex engineering design projects encompassing development through implementation into manufacturing.
- Utilize engineering analysis and tools (FEA, Tolerance Studies, etc) to engineer solutions.
- Facilitate project/assignment planning and management processes, including task identification and sequencing of project assignment schedules.
- Provide design support for production, quality, service, supplier, and customer issues.
- Coordinate, create, and verify the documentation for design, material, testing, installation, and certification of products.
- Actively participate on cross functional project teams.
- Develop design solutions, create prototypes and test concepts.
- Participate in established technical processes such as Design Reviews, FMEA, Product Conformance Testing, etc.
- Mentor developing Engineers, Technicians, and interns/co-ops.
- BS or Advanced Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar BS Degree with engineering experience
- 3-5 Years experience in product development.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, highly motivated, organized and self-disciplined.
- Strong project management skills and understanding of the product development process.
- Six-sigma training is highly recommended but not required.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize CAD, FEA and other Engineering tools.
- Basic understanding of residential construction practices.
Engineering/Research and Development
Windows of opportunity abound for Andersen, a maker of wood-clad windows and patio doors in North America. Andersen offers window designs...