At Baird, we focus on achieving great outcomes – with the commitment and care you want every step of the way. We are committed to helping our associates thrive, professionally and personally. Our continued success has given us the opportunity to enhance our technology infrastructure. This initiative will allow us to better align our IT organization with our business partners and support continued growth.
We are looking for a highly professional, client service driven IT Security Analyst to assist in the implementation and maintenance of electronic security practices on a 5,000+ node, 700+ server network. The qualified candidate will have proven experience in a Microsoft environment and passion to bring IT Security best practices to Baird.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Accountable for execution of the technical portion of the IT Security program for Robert W. Baird & Co.
2. Stay current on changes in the financial services industry, Baird’s products and services, and IT security terms, concepts, practices, and policies, as well as changes in the regulatory and audit requirements with respect to IT security.
3. Troubleshoot identified IT security related problems and implement corrective procedures.
4. Responsible for the research, design, development and implementation of security/protection technology.
5. Maintains integrity of security infrastructure by maintaining and upgrading systems and software as required.
6. Contribute to teams or initiatives designed to improve Baird’s IT Security control environment.
7. Audit various aspects of Microsoft environment including Active Directory, IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, and other Windows applications for compliance to the Security Policy.
8. Assist with audits of the network infrastructure, network and desktop firewalls, anti-virus and other security related applications.
9. Develop custom scripts and applications to audit security controls within Microsoft environment.
10. Work with a variety of IT security technologies (Actiance Socialite, Checkpoint Firewalls, SmartEvent/SmartReporter, McAfee Antivirus/ePO/IPS/Vulnerability Manager, RSA Authentication Manager, SolarWindows Log and Event Management, Solera, Websense). Assist in the evaluation and proof of concept of new technology tools.
• Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of four years of prior security experience is required.
• Expert knowledge of IT security concepts (i.e. Defense in Depth, Separation of Duties, Control environments, malicious software, security awareness).
• Expert knowledge of IT security technologies (i.e. firewalls, IDS/IPS, DMZ, access controls, penetration testing, risk and vulnerability assessment, investigative techniques, authentication systems).
• Expert knowledge of IT technologies (i.e. operating systems, network protocols, IT security management systems).
• Strong knowledge of MS SQL, Active Directory and Windows Server as it relates to IT Security.
• Experience with automation including Powershell scripting preferred.
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional CISSP, Global Information Assurance Certification GIAC or applicable technical certification preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills—ability to effectively exchange ideas and information and effectively relate to others in order to accomplish work responsibilities.
• Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
Robert W. Baird - 2 years ago
Employee-owned Robert W. Baird & Co. brings midwestern sensibility to the high-flying world of investment banking. The company offers...