PURPOSE AND SCOPE :
TEMP TO PERM OPPORTUNITY FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE.
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Responsible for the administration and management of multiple remote Oracle databases. Renal IT systems are used by dialysis clinics as medical information systems (MIS) to manage patient and treatment data. These Information systems are a component of the dialysis product portfolio and support the core business of Fresenius Medical Care
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES :
CUSTOMER SERVICE :
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES :
- Administrate multiple remote Oracle databases and database/application servers for RIT customers and for RIT system development to achieve: high availability, effective system resource management, backup and restore, performance enhancement, alert monitoring, disk capacity and status management, review of Oracle Logs and Oracle Alerts.
- Conduct data analysis to diagnose and troubleshoot customer system issues with a priority placed on turnaround time, as a “tier 3” support resource
- Configure databases for new or upgrade implementations
- Create reports for customers and help customers to develop customized reports
- Improvement and maintenance of RIT products including implementations and upgrades
- Direct activities, transfer knowledge, and mentor less experienced technical RIT resources, as needed and agreed to with RIT Director
- Interaction with all departments
- Effective communication with customers (technical & administrative) & market vendors
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS :
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Read, write and understand English
- Able to lift 50 pounds, as required, with assistance
- Works in a climate-controlled environment
- 40-hour weekly job and overtime as required
- B.S. / B.A. Degree in related field preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS :
- 10+ years hands-on experience as an Oracle DBA.
- Required DBA skills -- Installation / Configuration, database architecture, performance tuning, Backup / Recovery, OLTP / OLAP, Remote Management, Application Integration
- Preferred DBA skills – Oracle Real Application Cluster / High Availability, Oracle Application Server
- Oracle database 7.x up to current released version, Oracle Forms and reports v6i or current version
- 5+ years hands-on System Administration experience with Solaris / Linux administration: Install / configure / upgrade, package installation using technologies such as Veritas, Solstice, and Logical Volume Manager. Creation of jumpstart / kickstart capability; optimize installation image.
- Ability to administrate Solaris 7-10 or current version and Linux OS (such as Fedora, Debian, Red Hat, and CentOS), network administration using tools such as UFS/EXT2/EXT3, NFS, Disk partitioning, BOOTP, DNS
- In-depth experience with numerous pieces of open source software (such as Samba, JBOSS, Apache, PHP, J2EE, JSP)
- Strong shell script knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Oracle / SUN / Linux certifications (OCP,SCSA/SCNA, RHCE/LPI) are a plus
- Excellent communication skills