Steward is a member of the Food & Beverage team. S/he provides cooks and food servers with clean cooking utensils and serviceware for the guests' dining experience as well as performing general and routine cleaning tasks. Requirements include: knowledge and maintenance of serviceware; basic English language communication skills; and the ability to lift and move heavy equipment on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
Interstate is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
BASIC PURPOSE: Clean and sanitize all areas of the kitchen and operate the dish washing machine in a safe, accident-free manner.
1. Operate dish washing machine; Maintain organization - proper rack stacking, silver presoaking. (80%)
2. Sweep and mop floors. Keep floors clean and dry, pick up wet spills immediately. (5%)
3. Clean walls, tables, racks sinks, floor mats and disposal area. Polish stainless steel. (5%)
4. Clean ovens, hoods, filters, drains, hot boxes, steam tables, flat boxes and ceiling vents, according to schedule or as specified by lead steward. (2.5%)
5. Empty all trash cans over 3/4 full at end of shift , wash out and return to kitchen. (5%)
6. Perform special cleaning projects as assigned. (2.5%)
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (2.5%)
1. Maintain mop station with 2 mops/buckets, 2 brooms, and proper cleaning solutions.
2. Cooperate with restaurant personnel and their needs in order to ensure that guests are taken care of.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: No formal education required; High School diploma or equivalent desired.
Skills and Abilities: Operate dish washing machine, Dishware handling, Floor maintenance.
Hours Required: Scheduled days and times may vary based on need.
Physical Job Requirements (for essential functions only)
All of these functions are essential primarily because the heavy production associated from all the outlets. Dish racks/10-15 lbs., trash cans/50-70 lbs., bus pans/10-15 lbs., pushing queen marys. (75%)
Bending is necessary, dish rack stacking, storing of equipment/ dishware, unloading queens, moping/sweeping floors, cleaning ovens also requires bending.
Full range of mobility required. Ability to travel 30-50 ft. on a regular basis throughout the day. (75%)
Continuous Standing- Usually all day - during service hours.
Climbing Stairs: Up to approx.15-20 steps 5 % of 8 hours (time period)
Work Environment Inside: 100 % of 8 hours (time period)
Chemicals/Agents -Dish washing chemical. Sanitation chemicals. All purpose cleaners. (75%)
Hilton Woodcliff Lake, a premier hotel in Bergen County, New Jersey, offers stylish accommodations plus generous hotel amenities including wireless Internet service throughout the hotel. Savvy travelers will appreciate the variety of onsite activities, including heated indoor pool/whirlpool, seasonal outdoor pool, Columns Club health and fitness spa, tennis, racquetball facilities, which are top among Montvale hotels.
Located just 40 minutes from Newark Liberty International Airport and approximately one hour from La Guardia Airport and Kennedy Airport in New York City, Hilton Woodcliff Lake has become a choice destination for business or pleasure.
Amenities Include: 338 deluxe guestrooms and suites, Superb Bergen County Restaurant and dining options plus room service, Excellent fitness and recreation facilities, plus on-premise Spa, Heated indoor pool/whirlpool and outdoor seasonal pool, Onsite activities including tennis, racquetball, sand volleyball, children's playground, shuffleboard and basketball, 33,000 sq. ft. of function space plus 250-seat amphitheater, 24 hour self-service business center with Internet, Staffed business center complete with faxing, copying, overnight delivery, secretarial and computer services, Car rental on premises
Division : Dishwasher
Facility : Hilton Woodcliff Lake
Category : Hospitality
Interstate Hotels & Resorts - 22 months ago