The Director of Marketing Analytics will be primarily responsible for providing data driven recommendations to the marketing team and upper management to maximize marketing campaign performance. This role will support customer acquisition, retention, and research initiatives. The Director of Marketing Analytics will also work with Risk and Consumer Insights teams to provide broad understanding of customer engagement and customer profitability.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Marketing analytics thought leader focused on improving channel performance, CRM, retention and big data incorporation.
- Manage team of Marketing Manager and Analysts providing support for marketing campaign planning, forecasting, execution, and analysis.
- Analyze customer profitability metrics to optimize customer retention and acquisition campaigns.
- Build forecast models for key business metrics
- Work closely with Marketing leadership team to identify trends and make recommendations to improve performance
- Ensure reporting and analysis needs of the marketing team are met
Experience and Education:
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree with strong academic performance in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or Marketing/Advertising with quantitative focus).
- Ten or more years of experience in a data analyst or similar role (business to consumer, direct marketing or database marketing firm /agency preferred).
- Experience with relational customer databases (MS SQLServer, Unica, TeraData, etc) and ability to use query tools to construct complex SAS and/or SQL queries is required.
- Must be experienced in developing, analyzing, and mining insights from offline as well as digital marketing initiatives including email, text, and paid search.
- Strong quantitative / analytical capabilities with experience dealing with large data sets.
- Effective communication skills with ability to present highly complex materials to a wider and less-technical audience.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple simultaneous projects in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Extensive attention to detail
- Excellent quantitative and analytic skills
- Excellent Excel and database query/programming language skills and high proficiency in other Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication, listening, and writing skills
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong work ethic and passion for working with data
- Experience with web analytics such as Google analytics or Omniture is a plus
- The successful candidate must enjoy working with data but also have the ability to glean insights and translate them into business recommendations for senior management.