The Store Associate is responsible for positively contributing to the customer shopping experience by providing friendly, knowledgeable and professional service as well as assisting customers with a total solutions purchase. This position is also responsible for the check-in and unloading of freight, stocking merchandise on shelves and cashiering as directed.
1. Seek out and engage customers in a friendly and professional manner and provide impartial,
knowledgeable advice about all OfficeMax product offerings.
2. Provide outstanding customer service by effectively engaging customers, identifying their needs,
and offering the best solution to successfully close a sale.
3. Elicit information from customers to confidently sell in all areas of the sales floor including but not
limited to ImPress, Furniture, Supplies, Technology and other areas including third party
4. Seek and accept coaching and direction from the Store Leadership Team.
5. Support the store's shrink and theft awareness program and advise management of any unusual
activity using the various reporting methods provided by the company (800 number, Open Door
Policy, contacting Loss Prevention or Human Resources team).
6. When not with customers, keep aisles faced and shelves stocked as directed.
7. Use radios and headsets to answer questions and assist store team members to recommend the
best total sales solution.
8. Perform register sales transactions quickly and accurately in accordance with established cash
control procedures and customer service guidelines.
9. Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
10. Answer the phone promptly and courteously and direct calls to the appropriate party.
11. Ensure that the store is clean and organized and all pricing signage is in order. Assist in cleaning
maintenance of the store as directed.
12. Use all available resources such as @Max Retail, OfficeMax University, and Advantage TV to
associate's knowledge about the company and it's offerings. Utilize that knowledge to
about OfficeMax solutions that fit their needs.
13. Advise Manager on Duty of any issues, special customer requests, customer complaints, etc.
14. Immediately respond and resolve any potential safety hazards, and report to Manager on Duty.
15. Unload and check in freight as directed.
16. Implement new merchandise planograms as directed.
17. Assist in the store's data integrity process: identifying low stock levels, inventory discrepancies
report them to management to ensure an "in-stock" store.
18. Ensure returned merchandise is restocked to the correct location and that all damaged or defective
merchandise is labeled and placed in the appropriate area at the end of each shift.
19. Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
20. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing.
Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
headset or a device on or in the ear
- Previous experience in retail/customer service environment preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as necessary
- Ability to interact with customers and associates in a professional, positive and courteous manner
- Ability to interact positively with other associates to promote teamwork
- Ability to use electronic communication devices during all working hours which includes wearing a
to reach, bend, or stoop to move and handle products
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds occasionally and 25 pounds regularly and climb ladders
- Ability to stand and move about for extended periods of time with only brief periods of sitting Ability
OfficeMax is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Office Max - 4 years ago