Title: 2012 Summer Internship - Systems Architecture IT
Location: US-NY-New York
Standard & Poor's invites you to take the first steps towards a rewarding career and to be apart of a global organization where you will develop the skills you'll need to succeed. At Standard & Poor's you will be immersed in on-the-job training, working alongside devoted and experienced professionals, and discovering what it's like to make an impact.
Standard & Poor's is the world's premier provider of investment research, market indices, credit ratings, financial data, and fixed income research and analysis. With more than 10,000 employees and offices in nearly two-dozen countries, S&P is valued by investors and financial decision-makers everywhere for its analytical independence, market expertise and thought leadership. For 150 years Standard & Poor's has been an integral part of the global economic infrastructure. Its operations provide essential information to nearly every segment of the global financial community, creating the tools, analysis and research needed to make informed investment decisions.
Standard and Poor's is currently seeking a self-motivated bright, and talented individual to intern in our Fixed Income Solutions IT department. The Intern will perform Information Engineering assistance to the Architecture Team.
Qualified candidates will be enrolled in a four-year undergraduate degree program at an accredited college/university and have a minimum 3.0 GPA. A concentration in computer science or a related engineering is highly desired due to the technical nature of this position. Candidates with demonstrated proficiency with web application development will be considered.
- Manage Architecture information
- Maintain architecture information online
- Develop architecture diagrams
- Design templates
- Explore online collaboration opportunities
Additional qualifications include:
Job Type: Systems/Technology
- An interest in the financial services application of IT
- Experience with Java/ J2EE technologies
- Good understanding of scope and purpose of computer application architecture
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- The S&P Summer Internship Program is PAID.
Job.com - 2 years ago
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....