Provides expert practice in nursing in a Health Department's generalized or specialized program, and assisting in supervising or supervises personnel within the program or clinic.
EEOC CODE: 20
GRADE: 50 Minimum Qualifications 1. Three (3) years experience in Public/Community Health Nursing; and graduation from an accredited Nursing Program with a Bachelor's Degree;
2. Five (5) years of Nursing experience, three (3) of which must be in Public/Community Health Nursing; and graduation from an accredited Nursing Program with a Diploma;
3. Six (6) years of Nursing experience, three (3) of which must be in Public/Community Health Nursing; and graduation from an accredited Nursing program with an Associate's Degree.
4. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED)
Special Requirements 1. Must hold an active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Tennessee.
2. Must possess a valid Tennessee Driver's License or secure one upon date of employment.
3. Must have daily access to an operable automobile and meet County requirements for automobile insurance upon date of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities 1. Assists in supervising or supervise personnel within the program or clinic and relieves the
supervisor in her absence; maintaining drug inventory, ordering supplies necessary for daily operation; representing supervisor at meetings and taking appropriate information to staff.
2. Assists in establishment of patient care priorities and objectives in an assigned area.
3. Provides nursing services under joint protocol.
4. Under medical direction, performs specified diagnostic and treatment procedures.
5. Keeps records and makes reports.
6. Develops, implements, teaches and counsels individuals, families and groups in various settings for the prevention of disease and maintenance of health.
7. Serves as role model to new employees, student nurses, student social workers and participates in the educational process of these individuals.
8. Participates and may initiate and organize in peer review.
9. Develops, plans and conducts in-service training programs.
10. Performs related responsibilities as assigned or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Considerable knowledge of the principles of basic nursing.
2. Some knowledge of social and economic forces affecting health of family and group relations; some knowledge of the aims, purposes and practices of health department and of public health nursing theory and practice.
3. Ability to deal tactfully with the public and co-workers; exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
814 Jefferson Avenue, 2nd Floor
Memphis, Tennessee 38105
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department
- 2 years ago - save job
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...