The Orlando VA Medical Center (Station #675) was officially established effective October 1, 2006, when it was approved as a new VA facility. The Orlando VA healthcare system currently includes a 120-bed Community Living Center (CLC), a 60 bed Domiciliary, and VA's largest comprehensive outpatient clinic at the Orlando site, two (2) large comprehensive, satellite outpatient clinics in Daytona Beach and Viera, and five (5) Community-Based Outpatient Clinics in Kissimmee, Leesburg, Clermont, Lake Nona and Orange City, FL.
Orlando's new Medical City is under construction, shining an international spotlight on the area's growing life sciences/biotech sector. The VA has joined with other life science partners to create a new medical destination for research, education and patient care. With the recent opening of the University of Central Florida's new College of Medicine, the building of several prestigious medical research institutes, and the construction of the new Orlando VA Medical Center and a highly-specialized Children's Hospital, Orlando is rapidly becoming a prime destination for healthcare professionals and patients seeking state-of-the-art care, with the highest standards in patient safety.
Orlando is recognized as a family-oriented area, with a warm, sunny climate, beautiful beaches, abundant housing options, no state income tax, and many local entertainment attractions/outdoor activities readily available. The Orlando VA system is associated with the University of Central Florida and other local community colleges, with active affiliations in allied health programs, such as Nursing, Pharmacy, Physical/Occupational Therapy, and Social Work.
Additional Duty Location Info:
1 vacancy - Orlando, FL
Work Schedule: Full-time, Normal work days/hours will be Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM, with work day/hours flexibility required as administrative and/or clinical demands require. Candidate must be willing to work weekends and irregular work hours. The candidate must be willing to be placed, detailed or temporarily assigned to other related services and/or locations, if necessary.
We are seeking an innovative, energetic nurse leader for this new position of Clinical Operations Coordinator. This position is responsible for the coordination and support of Nursing Service initiatives. The Clinical Operations Coordinator's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Identifies opportunities to enhance patient outcomes with regards to quality, access, and timeliness of care, and makes viable recommendations for program enhancement;
2) Collaborates with healthcare leaders, managers, and providers for the identification and timely resolution of patient care concerns;
3) Evaluates program structure, process, outcome, and resource aspects to identify areas for program improvement, and makes recommendations to strengthen clinical programs and processes;
4) Facilitates compliance with internal and external policies and standards;
5) Tracks, trends, and interprets data to predict the impact of changes in local and VHA regulations on the overall nursing program;
6) Serves as a resource for Nursing Service priorities and initiatives and provides administrative and technical support to nurse clinicians and managers in the areas of program planning, development, integration, implementation, and management; and
7) Effectively allocates resources including funds, staff, and equipment, and responds to changes in budget plan, construction issues, and VISN and facility priorities. She/he establishes and maintains effective work relationships with organizational staff and with peers in other services to promote quality patient care and efficient resource utilization.
This Clinical Operations Coordinator will be a key contributor to both construction and patient care planning/implementation activities for the new Orlando VA Medical Center, currently under construction. The incumbent reports to the Associate Director for Patient Care Services.
Department of Veterans Affairs
- 5 years ago - save job
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is...