Position: Vice President and General Manager – Serials Solutions
The VP/GM of Serials Solutions provides the vision, direction, and global leadership, positioning and maintaining ProQuest as the preferred provider of library discovery and management solutions designed to help publishers, booksellers, and libraries better serve their customers. This role spans across multiple geographic locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating and aligning Serials Solutions’ strategy in support of ProQuest’s vision.
- Plans and directs all aspects of Serials Solutions’ operational practices, objectives and initiatives according to strategic plan; lead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Drives the business unit to achieve and surpass all financial targets of sales, profitability, and business goals and objectives
- Participates in the ProQuest strategic planning process; contributing to the evaluation and development of operational strategy and performance.
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the business unit; encouraging collaboration, creativity and innovation.
- Creates, manages, and develops a high performing leadership team that embodies core values and collaboratively develops and implements strategy.
- Creates and fosters cooperative relationships with all business units and shared services organizations within ProQuest.
- Liaisons and collaborates with senior leadership team to communicate business unit goals and objectives through all layers of the organization.
- Effectively represent Serials Solutions through direct contact with customers, partners and affiliates; maintain relationships with key accounts.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry events, trends, and influencers.
- MBA plus at least 10 years relevant leadership experience in the software industry/SaaS realm, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven success in managing complex, matrix organizations.
- Proven track record in achieving or exceeding operational and revenue goals.
- Knowledge of or expertise in technology-focused sales and/or marketing, particularly in global environment.
- Strong selection, development, mentoring and management skills; with ability to hold others accountable.
- Change-management expert with focus on maintaining a strong, mission-driven culture while effectively navigating in an ever-changing industry.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
- Strong analytical skills, including financial modeling and forecasting.
- Innovative focus; a creative leader with an energized, enthusiastic presence.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
Other important information about this position:
- Professional experience in the library field.
- Fluency in languages other than English.
- This position is based in Seattle, Washington.
- Frequent travel, including some international travel, is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
ProQuest - 22 months ago
If your professional quest requires serious research, you might try ProQuest. The company provides access to and navigation of more than 125...