As a Benefits Counselor, you are responsible for effectively and professionally representing Lincoln Financial Group in all sales enrollment activities for all product offerings, which require a purchasing decision on behalf of the eligible employee and/or family member.
Sales and Customer Service
- Use in depth knowledge and understanding of all Employer Paid and Employee Paid offerings to sell Lincoln products
- Provide complete on-site enrollment services to eligible employees and/or family members on site of the employer/Lincoln Financial Group client
- Engages customer at place of employment to educate, inform, enroll and sell Lincoln based products
- Conduct business on behalf of Lincoln Financial Group in a manner that supports a positive company image, is in compliance with all required rules and regulations and is ethical in all considerations
- Works independently and exercises discretion to offer creative employer on-site solutions
- Delivers “needs based” benefit presentations to diverse employee groups as well as presenting in a one on one method while collecting enrollment data using Lincoln Financials Enrollment tools for both new customers and re-enrolling customer support
- Ensures that all applications and forms are in compliance with state and federal regulations, underwriting guidelines and company policies and procedures
- Maintains all necessary State insurance licenses for valid insurance business solicitation activities
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 – 5 years of comparable work experience
- Resident state life Health license required
- 3 – 5 + years of experience working with group enrollments and worksite insurance that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; especially Excel and is proficient with e-mail systems
- Solid oral and written skills; presentation skills a must
- Ability to work under pressure to handle rush requests, problem solve, and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze problems and makes well-reasoned, sound decisions
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion; Displays drive and initiative
- Demonstrated planning skills including strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to prioritize work independently
- This position is on-call (part-time) and will be based out of the home
- Must be able to travel up to 90% nationwide as requested, with an average frequency of once a month
Lincoln Financial Group is a diversified financial services organization headquartered in the Philadelphia region. With $150 billion as of...