Intern (Associate Investment Research Analyst)
This position is within Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) - Wells Capital Management (WellsCap).
As a registered investment advisory firm, we focus on managing equity, fixed income and blended portfolios for a variety of institutional clients. The professionals within our firm manage over $373.4 billion in assets (as of December 31, 2009). Our dedicated and experienced team helps our clients meet their diverse objectives.
Successful candidate will work with a team of equity analysts in support of Wells Cap s Core Equity investment portfolios including mutual funds and institutional separate accounts. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting senior analysts in gathering company information and analyzing data.
- Constructing and updating earning models in response to earnings announcements and company changes.
- Monitoring and evaluating market and company news through online research sources and contact with brokers and sell-side analysts.
- Reviewing and analyzing portfolio and index performance.
- Demonstrating consistent outstanding teamwork and communication within the Core Equity team and throughout WellsCap.
3+ months business experience through internship, co-op or part-time position.
- Junior status in pursuit of BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics, or equivalent.
- Reasonable knowledge and understanding of equity markets; preferably through an Investment Training or Education Program.
- Ability to construct detailed models used in fundamental analysis.
- Ability to handle heavy work loads while remaining focused in fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Well-organized, independent thinker, team player, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Solid technical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Reasonable understanding or experience in Bloomberg.
Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. It...