Title: Sr. UNIX Adminstrator - FAI - Dallas, TX
Fujitsu America, Inc. provides a complete portfolio of business technology services, computing platforms, and industry solutions. Fujitsu platform products are based on scalable, reliable and high-performance server, storage, point-of-sale, and mobile technologies. Fujitsu combines its renowned platform offerings with a full suite of onshore, near shore and offshore system integration, outsourcing, and datacenter services covering applications, operations, infrastructure, customer service, and multi-vendor lifecycle services. Fujitsu provides industry-specific solutions for retail, manufacturing, healthcare, government, education, financial services, and telecommunications sectors. For more information on Fujitsu America''s business scope, visithttp://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/.
We are seeking a Sr. UNIX Administrator for our UNIX Support Team in Dallas, TX
supporting new, and existing customers
- UNIX or Linux systems design, architecture, and support.
- Support and maintain an active disaster recovery plan.
- Ability to identify and automate processes.
- Expert understanding of UNIX/Linux internals.
- Occasions of afterhours work, always on-call as 2nd/3rdlevel support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work productively in cooperation with others on a consistent basis.
- Respond positively to direction and criticism of performance.
o Proven sills' with UNIX ( At least two requiredAIX,Solaris, HPUX )
- 8 years overall IT experience
- 5 years with UNIX/Linux
o Proven skill's withLinux( At least two required Suse, RHEL, OEL, CentOS, Ubuntu )
o Experience building physical, & virtual systems using ( OVM, LPAR(s), Zones, VMWare/VSphere )
o Experience working with IBM Hardware utilizing an HMC, & redundant VIO Server 's
o Strong understanding of patch management across UNIX, & Linux systems.
o Experience with UNIX/Linux monitoring tools.
Education and Certifications:
- ITIL processes, & procedures
- Experience working with Storage Area Networks.
- Experience supporting remote locations.
- Scripting experience in Shell, or Perl desired.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with internal/external customers.
- Leadership skills to guide, and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Ability to lead, and work as a team.
- UNIX or Linux Certification desired.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Fujitsu America believes in the power of information and technology. A subsidiary of Fujitsu, the company offers a broad portfolio of IT...