Invest In Yourself!
Kool Smiles , General Dentistry for Kids and Parents, is a growing group practice dedicated to providing access to quality dentistry across the country. We provide comprehensive dental care and accept most insurance plans including Medicaid and State Children's Health Insurance plans (SCHIP). Currently we have offices and opportunities in AZ, AR, CT, DC, GA, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, MS, NM, SC, TX, VA, and WA.
Kool Smiles opened in 2002 with the clear mission to provide urgently needed care for underserved kids living in our community. Over the past few years, we have continued our mission and are serving 75+ locations in 15 states. Many of our patients would not receive care without the efforts of Kool Smiles professionals. To continue this mission, we are looking for qualified, energetic patient coordinators who share this vision and want to make a difference in the lives of their patients.
Bi-Lingual Patient Coordinator Job Functions and Responsibilities:
The Patient Coordinator is responsible for providing quality customer service to patients and parents at check-in and check-out as well as responsible for verifying patient insurance eligibility and service limits.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
- Greet parents and patients when they enter or leave the office
- Ensure parents who are waiting are kept informed of the progress of their appointment or child
- Maintain a clean and tidy waiting area and front desk area
- Verify patient insurance eligibility prior to appointment and ensure information is correct in the patient’s Boomerang file
- Ensure service limits are recorded and communicated with the clinical team prior to treating the patient
- Ensure all patient files are ready (pull file, update patient record, verify insurance and service limits) before the patient’s appointment
- Schedule follow-up operatory and six month recall appointments for patients
- Answer incoming calls and direct the caller to the proper person, taking messages when necessary
- Ensure our patients are receiving the dental care they need by making outbound calls to confirm patients, to reschedule patients that do not make their appointment, and to call patients that have treatment that needs to be completed
- Ensure all patient records are re-filed at the end of the day
- Participate in local community affairs and events to include school screenings, presentations, events, and any opportunity to promote a positive image of Kool Smiles
- Assist with other office duties as needed
Education, Training and/or Experience
Graduation from a senior high school or GED equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- High focus on customer service and satisfaction
- Must love working with children
- Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
- Integrity, always doing the right thing
- Dependable, reliable to be at work when scheduled
- Attention to detail
- Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Professional manner and appearance at all times
- Computer skills: Microsoft office and Internet Explorer
- Telephone skills: Proper telephone etiquette and information gathering skills
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents and staff. Ability to operate a computer, keyboard and standard office equipment. Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs, and be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
At Kool Smiles, our goal is to provide access to quality dental health services to children throughout our communities. By providing this...