We are currently seeking Multiple superintendents for our industrial group. Must have extensive experience building large Mining or Power related construction projects.
Plans, coordinates and supervises field operations with large contract amounts and/or complexity. Provides technical direction and is responsible for overall quality of work. Establishes productivity goals and measures performance. Schedules labor, materials and equipment including work of subcontractors. May supervise one or more project and/or field superintendents.
1. May supervise staff, including: establishing and communicating performance expectations, providing positive and constructive feedback, determining training and development needs and conducting on-the-job training. May conduct Career Development Reviews. May make hiring, discipline and/or termination decisions.
2. Manages the construction plan for the successful execution of the work. Coordinates the means and methods, manpower, equipment, and material resources required to accomplish this goal.
3. Prepares the Monthly Progress Report in coordination with the appropriate people. Uses available reports to manage costs and prepare accurate cost projections.
4. Prepares the original CPM Project Schedule. Coordinates incremental schedules with the Field Superintendent or General Foreman and subcontractors for monthly updates.
5. Conducts weekly subcontractor coordination meetings. Reviews short duration schedule responsibilities.
6. Prepares daily field status reports.
7. Reviews the Procurement Schedule. Identifies items which could cause detrimental schedule problems for the project. Researches alternatives for the Project Managers approval.
8. Assists as needed in the review of all supplemental subcontracts and purchase orders, change orders, and cost control budget adjustments.
9. Coordinate the documentation of design conflicts and clarifications with the appropriate personnel.
10. Reviews pay applications from subcontractors and suppliers and helps with the preparation of the monthly pay application.
11. Coordinates and performs the timely completion of all punch lists and develop a schedule as required for the successful start-up and turnover of al systems to the owner.
12. Provides feedback to estimators for use in future bidding or negotiations.
13. Serves as Continuous Improvement Champion for the project, including managing the project's Continuous Improvement Team and all improvement ideas submitted by administrative and craft personnel on the project.
Four year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical and/or related experience. Extensive (10 or more years)experience in managing field construction projects and personnel, plus thorough knowledge of construction systems, contract documents, materials, equipment utilization, scheduling systems, productivity analysis. Project size should be in the $60M-$100M range as lead superintendent, with the ability to oversee multiple phases or components, accelerated schedule, and /or complicated components or services.
Sundt is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Sundt Construction, Inc. - 2 years ago