Accountable for driving results within the defense acquisition process. Leveraging experience and/or certifications in acquisition, technology and logistics, this leader ensures execution of tasks in assigned defense program area including but not limited to bid preparation, RFP identification, technical specification, staff supervision, contract management and financial and business development activities. Optimize resources to navigate through complex, competitive environment and ensure profitability. |
· Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
Responsible for profitability and revenue growth of assigned program(s).
· Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
· Actively contributes to business development activities, including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
· Performs program financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement.
· Develops, reviews, and approves plans, schedules, consulting agreements and other program documents.
· Prepares and delivers metric and status reports to senior leadership
· Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
· Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
· Leads Program Management team through coaching, developing, mentoring and communicating performance expectations and deliveries.
· Teamwork: Building c: ooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
· Creativity/Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies.
· Communication: Excellence in listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively.
· Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders.
· Flexibility performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
· External Relationships / Networking: Establishing a presence for the organization with outside interest groups, cultivating relationships with customers and other stakeholders, and gaining support for organization goals.
· Ability to understand multiple manufacturing organizations, processes, and products
Eduction / Experience Required
· Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant field.
· 5+ years of professional experience in the Defense Department acquisition process.
· 2+ years of experience in Dept of Defense wheeled vehicle programs.
· 10+ years of supervisory experience.
· 5 + years of successful Project or Program Manager experience.
· Experience with tactical wheeled vehicles, C2 systems, hardware and software, configuration control, test and evaluation, systems integration, and systems supportability is necessary.
· Experience in competitive analysis, customer analysis, win strategy development, conducting phase reviews and price-to win analysis.
· Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work with large and diverse teams and the ability to effectively provide guidance, direction, and supervision in areas of program management, systems engineering, major system acquisitions, and financial management to the technical staff
· Prior US Military service or working in other federal agencies preferred
· Certifications: PMP® or other professional project/program management certification (e.g., DAWIA Level III) highly recommended preferred
· Master’s Degree preferred
· Department of Defense Active Secret Clearance preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer