A job at Responsys is not only a fantastic career opportunity but an opportunity to be a part of something big!
Responsys is the leader in Interactive Online Marketing and recognized by Forrester as the market leader 6 years running. Responsys Interact Suite provides customers with a powerful, comprehensive set of integrated applications to design, define, execute, manage and refine Cross-Channel Lifecycle Marketing™ campaigns across all key digital interactive channels including email, mobile, social and the web.
Senior software engineer will participate in the development of the Platform components of the Interact Suite offered in Cloud Computing/SaaS model. The Platform includes core Services (security, session/transaction management, caching, auditing, performance monitoring) as well as delivering the next generation Content Delivery System - a high bandwidth, low latency, scalable system to deliver personalized content across multiple channels supporting tens of thousands of transactions per second.
across multiple channels supporting tens of thousands of transactions per second.
We are seeking individuals who have passion for solving complex and interesting problems that arise in the area of distributed computing, high volume transaction processing and large scale system design. Our success requires us to process over 300 million transactions a day (tens of billions of transactions per month) with predictable, low latency. We need our engineers to be able to handle the challenges and opportunities of developing software that operates at this scale while expanding our functionality to even further the lead Responsys has over the competition. Our engineers are self-motivated, work on many different projects, and assume varying responsibilities.
- Own one or more product features end to end
- Implement new functionality, product enhancements and maintain the current product features
- Acquire knowledge of existing code and refactor code as needed to meet evolving design decisions
- Work with product management team to define new product requirements
- Participate in system design and architecture decisions
- Work with the platform service, data services and QA teams to deliver our product releases
- BS/MS/PhD or other relevant technical degree
- 7+ years of professional related experience in Java/J2EE and object-oriented application development
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate, JMS, Test NG
- Extensive experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience designing/implementing high performance Web services using SOAP/REST
- Excellent programming discipline including Object Oriented Programming, unit testing and code organization
- Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures
- Demonstrate analytic and problem-solving skills, particularly as it relates to application design, development and infrastructure
- Excellent communication and relationship skills.
- Ability to thrive in a high-productive, customer-oriented environment.
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects / demands simultaneously
- Experience with high volume distributed application development in a SaaS environment
- Knowledge and experience in no SQL databases (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Domain knowledge of SMTP/MTA and/or SMS
- Familiarity with Java Web application security frameworks such as Apache Shiro.
Responsys - 17 months ago