Amtec is currently recruiting for an Engineering Technician for a contract position located in Azusa, CA. The Engineering Technician is responsible for the more complex construction, installation, modification, maintenance and overhaul of industrial, electrical and electronic systems and related equipment utilized in company buildings, facilities and machinery which involves any equipment that contains PLCs, solid state devices or is automatic in nature. Works to build, maintain and repair assembly equipment including custom automated assembly equipment. Will also perform a variety of specialized tasks which may include machine design, development of material safety/security procedures, preventative maintenance and other general maintenance activities. Performs troubleshooting and debugging of equipment and assemblies resulting in an improvement in the robustness of the equipment. May do set-ups and changeovers. Trains machine operators. Required skills include machining capability and/or seasoned skills in the programming of the equipment using PLC ladder logic. Typically requires 7+ years of experience.
- Associates degree in an Engineering discipline from a reputable trade school.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in industrial and equipment maintenance.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and schematics (mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic). Ability to work independently and with others in a group.
- Ability to modify PLC programs for complex automated manufacturing equipment, preferably Allen-Bradley
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to handle multiple work objectives simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to setup and program ultrasonic welders.
- Strong troubleshooting skills on automated equipment
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic controls
- Ability to operate a milling machine, lathe and drill press.
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish.
- Experience in high-speed continuous motion production line.
- Extensive experience in plastic molding and assembly operations.
Amtec Human Capital - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -