Responsible for greeting and seating guests according to their preference and enforcement of operational procedures for food servers, bus persons, runners, and cashiers while on duty.
- Greets customers waiting in line and seats them according to their preference.
- Ensures customers are not kept waiting.
- Monitor host person/cashier area to assure presence of authorized personnel only.
- Promotes positive customer service by answering their questions and inquiries courteously.
- Remains attentive to the needs and requests of the customers.
- Collects the menus from designated areas in the Dining Room,check and wipe them each time they are returned to the podium.
- Maintain an ample supply of menus.
- Keeps order slips/tickets in order and well stocked at the Hosts table.
- Answers phone inquiries and takes down messages for customers as necessary.
- Use proper phone etiquette and procedure when answering the phone.
- Ensures the proper seating rotation.
- Control restaurant seating of guests for maximum effectiveness and efficiency of service.
- The Host persons will distribute the seating as equally as possible among all food servers.
- Assign stations to food servers and bus persons from the Supervisor list on rotation chart.
- Handles minor guest complaints in a manner consistent with departmental philosophy.
- Involves a supervisor whenever a situation goes beyond their level of authority to handle.
- Continuously monitors dining room to make sure it is properly maintained and floor is free of debris.
- Keep a current station chart with them at all times, and know the food servers and bus persons by name.
- Monitors break schedule of food servers, bus persons, runners, and cashiers.
- Monitor service of guests by food servers and bus persons and report slow service to Supervisors as required.
- Directs activities of food servers, bus persons, runners, and cashiers as necessary.
- Keeps all working areas neat and clean at all times.
- Enforces side work and cleaning schedule assignments with each employee on a daily basis.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings as necessary.
- Keep service staff aware of any and all problems of guests and/or employees.
- Bid all leaving guests a Good Day, Afternoon or Evening, thank them for joining us and invite them to return.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned. (to include performing cashiering functions when required)
Herbst Gaming Inc.
- 3 years ago - save job