Eaton Corporation Industrial Sector has an immediate opening for a Lead Specialist - Manufacturing Engineer. The position is focused primarily on execution and implementation of best machining practices, development of new machining technologies, and standardization of machining practices across Eaton’s Industrial Sector. It requires knowledgeable application and promotion of advanced metal removal processes that meet or exceed customer expectations and operational performance metrics. This position is responsible for following and advancing the PROLaunch NPD prescribed program management methodology.
Some of the key functions of this role include, but are not limited to:
1. Knowledge expert (from a machining perspective) that actively participates as a core team member representing; machining processes, strategy, sourcing, core versus non-core, and make versus buy, on new and or legacy products and components.
2. Application of core engineering tools; principles, best in class manufacturing processes, manufacturing systems and lessons learned to build world class manufacturing platform.
3. Technical leadership through application and education; process simulation, design for manufacturability, six sigma and failure mode effects analysis, facilitating design reviews, and key attributes
4. Leads, coordinates and develops disciplined processes for evaluation and execution of major projects; capacity analysis, core vs. non core processes, lean, facility flow, optimizes layout, safety, qualification, and risk management
5. Evaluation and implement standardization of equipment, tool and best practices across the sector
6. Appropriate blend of hands-on and strategic engineering development, process design, practical shop floor automation, execution with successful transition to operations
7. Recognized and sought out for expertise in effective and efficient material removal processes as well as problem solving techniques
8. Willingness to take Advanced Manufacturing Engineering lead on major new project initiatives by facilitating; selection, procurement, installation, qualification, training and launch of machining process deployment
9. Coordinate with outside suppliers in development / delivery of innovative equipment & processes
10. Provides project management, coordination and manufacturing engineering expertise for major cost out and growth opportunities
11. Competency to handle multiple and changing priorities, diverse organizational cultures, product and market environments and cultural diversity.
12. Leverages and maintain contacts with technology leaders and the machining industries for application opportunities of advanced products, tools, processes, and materials
13. Conduct capacity analysis, work flow evaluation and process simulation to aid in developing efficient products and processes.
Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology or other approved field
Knowledgeable of mechanical design, tooling, mistake proofing, and operator sociable processes
Experience in program control logic, DNC, Ethernet devises for data acquisition, retrieval and retention
Experience with researching and designing new manufacturing methods
Robust manufacturing, engineering, financial and analytical capabilities.
Strong knowledge and application of lean manufacturing principles
Demonstrated ability to successfully teach and mentor employees of varying disciplines of machining processes and methodologies’
Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to lead, inspire culture of change, and deliver results.
This position could sit at any Industrial Eaton location.
Eaton - 13 months ago
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...