Matheson Inc. is looking for experienced On-Call Class A Truck Drivers in Butte, MT .
Class A Drivers who are self-motivated and career-minded are invited to come grow with us!
Are you tired of being a “number” and ready to join a company that recognizes you as an individual? Do you feel undervalued and rarely appreciated? Do you want to be part of a team of highly-skilled professionals?
If you answered ‘YES’ to these questions and meet the following requirements, we want to talk to you! We encourage you to join a company that values individuality, appreciates the qualities of a valuable employee and provides continuous training and mentorship.
We are a diversified national transportation carrier proudly serving the United States Postal Services since 1964. As a business partner of the United States Postal Service, Matheson is committed to the belief that “service must be reliable, convenient, and must improve continuously.” We take pride in the fact that our service is consistently at or above the 99% performance level.
Class A Drivers play a vital role in ensuring the company’s continued success. This position requires a person to be dependable, focused on safety and requires a person be flexible and cooperative.
- Check the vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions following signals from loading crew while checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Electronically maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage to the vehicles.
- Secure cargo for transport using ropes, blocks, chains, binders or covers.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations.
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Operate equipment such as truck cab computers, CB radios and telephones to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors or other drivers.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Crank trailer landing gear up or down to safely secure vehicles.
- Load and unload trucks, help others with loading and unloading, operate any special loading-related equipment on vehicles and use other equipment as necessary.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs such as installing light bulbs or tire chains.
- Plan or adjust routes based on changing conditions using computer equipment, global positioning systems (GPS), or other navigation devices to minimize fuel consumption and carbon emissions.
Compensation: Hourly rate is determined by the USPS Wage Determination.
- CDL Driver’s License
- 2 years recent Class A driving experience
- Clean MVR
- Ability to pass the USPS background check and a DOT physical including functional capacity exam and drug screen
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
Matheson Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Matheson Inc. - 10 months ago
Matheson Inc. is comprised of three operating divisions. Matheson Postal Services contracts with the USPS to haul mail over the road....