Directs all payroll and related activities including payroll processing, payroll tax reporting, payroll/benefits related general ledger accounts, and HR/Payroll/Time&Attendance systems reporting and analysis. Responsible for developing and directing internal control procedures, system review, upgrades and maintenance; establishing and maintaining necessary vendor/auditor relationships and regulatory compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and directs all activities of Payroll Specialist and Payroll Accounting Technician.
- Plans and directs all activities related to payroll/timesheet processing.
- Plans and directs all duties related to quarterly and annual payroll tax filing/reporting (federal and multiple states).
- Plans and directs corporate payroll strategy, communications and marketing the payroll functions and related services.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Collaborates and maintains strong relationships with human resources/benefits, IT, legal departments; external auditors and payroll service provider.
- Resolves issues by providing root cause analysis and corrective action for all non-routine situations.
- Reviews calculation/filing/reporting of quarterly SC Job Development credits.
- Reviews/approves monthly GL entries and oversees reconciliation of all payroll/benefits related general ledger accounts.
- Establishes and directs internal control functions for payroll procedures.
- Reviews quarterly Affiliate Sales Commission calculations.
- Reviews documentation for mid-year and year-end 401k Testing.
- Plans and directs the annual external 401(k) audit process for the corporate 401(k) benefit plan.
- Prepares/supervises requested documentation for annual audits based on payroll information (General Audit, Workers Comp, General Liability, etc.).
- Responsible for external tax reporting process on annual Federal Form 990.
- Performs periodic internal audits of payroll processes, including data verification.
- Directs, researches and maintains compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Prepares special reports/analysis for executive management.
- Reviews executive management payroll processing.
- Directs and plans all aspects of Year End processing, including fringe benefit calculations, imputed Group Life and STD/LTD calculations, bonus/merit increase calculations, ministerial housing SS/Medicare calculations, W-2 review, etc.
Experience and Skills:
- 5-7 years of payroll experience
- 5-7 years accounting experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting, business, or related field
- CPP designation preferred
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, maintain focus to ensure quality control and bring to satisfactory closure each task or project.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team environment with a servant heart.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule, plan and coordinate work assignments within established priorities.
- Detail driven with a high tolerance of and ability to manage stress.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and payroll/benefits system processing required. Proficiency in ADP HRB, Pay eXpert and ezLabor Time & Attendance, Paylocity preferred.
A personal Christian experience and commitment
Inspired Networks, Inc was formed in 2001. The Inspired Networks team is a group of polished professionals with decades of experience in...