We have an opening in our Northern California location for a Senior Loss Control Specialist. As a representative of the BHHC Loss Control, the person in this position is required to provide Loss Control service to key customers as assigned. They must represent the company in communications and meetings with insurance brokers and broker Loss Control representatives. Also to assist in the oversight of quality, quantity and costs of field Vendor Loss Control Contractors and assigned Loss Control employees.
- Manages book of business of written business assigned for regular Loss Control service.
- Serves a resource to underwriters, brokers and insureds in the field of safety, Loss Control and regulations related to employee safety.
- Assists insured managements in identifying key objectives to improves safety and loss control at the insured; provides consulting and training services to support the account reaching loss control objectives.
- Monitors loss development on the book of business to deploy Loss Control resources to accounts, which have higher indemnity claims. Conduct surveys and service visits to assigned accounts.
- Participates in Loss Control team to develop and give presentations to insureds, underwriters, other BHHC employees, brokers and LC vendors.
- Investigate serious accidents as requested by management and underwriters.
- Conduct technical training for insured customers, brokers and underwriters.
- Provide users training on the Loss Control on-line report system and assist LCM in identification, reporting and follow-up on system errors and bugs.
- Prepare management reports as requested for his or her assigned book of business or territory; for groups of vendors or vendor organizations.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Bachelor degree and seven or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Safety Professional preferred.
- Disability and AD&D
- Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Pasadena, Omaha, Alpharetta, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway insurance group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.
We are always on the lookout for talent and appreciate your interest in our positions. Come grow with us!
Great Insurance Jobs
- 2 years ago - save job