The Systems Engineer is responsible for configuring and maintaining servers and other infrastructure components within the environment. This is accomplished through the proactive monitoring of the server hardware and operating systems and installation of patches, service packs and other upgrades to ensure high level system availability.
Dependant upon the job level, the systems engineer may also be responsible for engineering enterprise solutions to meet business goals and objectives. The Systems Engineer may also be responsible for managing infrastructure projects and providing the appropriate level of documentation to meeting Project Office and regulatory requirements.
• *Minimum 8 years experience working with Information technologies required.
• *Minimum 3 years experience working in an Information Systems Architect capacity required.
• *Minimum 3 years working with TCP/IP, and WAN technologies required.
• Expert understanding of Red Hat, SUSE and Oracle Linux
• Expert understanding of Windows Servers (Windows 2003 – 2008)
• Expert understanding of HP, NetApp and EMC hardware.
• Expert understanding of Exchange 2003 – 2010.
• Expert understanding of network hardware and architecture.
• Expert understanding of Client/Server architectures.
• Expert understanding of SAN functions/ architecture.
• Expert understanding of back-up hardware/ software and architecture.
• Ability to provide expert level of OS troubleshooting in Windows environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage vendor relationships.
• Expert understanding of project management methodologies and procedures.
• Work in a team environment on project driven work with minimal supervision.
• Mentor other systems engineers through leadership and cross training.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
City National Bank - 19 months ago
City National Bank is the wholly owned subsidiary of City National Corporation (NYSE:CYN). It is backed by $15.9 billion in total assets,...