Journey Hospice is a family-owned and operated hospice provider that has over 13 years experience operating in the Southeast. At Journey Hospice we believe that care should be patient-centered. We believe that hospice is a gift and we work around the clock to provide compassionate and attentive care to every person touched by our program.
The RN Case Manager is an integral part of the hospice interdisciplinary care team and as such is responsible for coordinating the total care of the hospice patient and family. Understanding that hospice care must be delivered according to accepted standards of practice guided by the mission of the organization and the patient/family's needs and concerns, the Case Manager blends all services of the hospice into an integrated program of support.
We currently have openings for both full-time and flex-time RN Case Managers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides comprehensive nursing assessments as directed by the interdisciplinary team
- Participates in developing the interdisciplinary team plan of care
- Supervises Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants
- Teaches appropriate palliative interventions to family members, other health professionals and the community at large
- Contributes to program development through building relationship with potential referral sources in the area assigned
- Willingness to serve on-call
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Current registered nurse license in state of employment
- Experience with terminally ill patients is preferred
- Must have current CPR certification
- Valid STATE driver's license and current auto liability insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Uncapped bonus potential
- A choice of health insurance plans
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401 (k) with an employer match
- Generous PTO / Vacation policy
- Multiple career advancement opportunities