Working At Aetna -- the Value To You What does it mean to work at Aetna? A lot. From programs and benefits that support your financial, physical and emotional health to opportunities to build your knowledge and expand your career, the company makes working here a valuable experience in many ways.
Three critical success factors for this position: Customer empathy, strong communication skills, and ability to comprehend complex insurance information.
- Handles customer service inquiries and problems for our providers (hospitals, doctors, and other health professionals) via telephone, internet or written correspondence.
- Customer inquiries are about benefit coverage, claim status, appeal of claim decisions, and application of Aetna policies and procedures.
- Work independently and as a team to resolve and answer customer questions.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
This position offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package, including a valuable tuition reimbursement program. Once hired, we offer a training program to ensure exceptional service. Customer Service Representatives have quality and production goals and are eligible for bonus programs based on these results. Position is subject to quality monitoring to ensure accuracy and customer satisfaction.
Schedules: Must be availabe to work non-standard hours and overtime based on work volume. Hours of operation are 7 am - 7 pm, schedules may vary. Successful applicants must be flexible with their start and end times, as work hours will be based on the business needs of our internal and external customers.
The starting salary ranges from $27,500 to $34,000.
Candidates must apply by February 25 in order to be considered. The training class is scheduled to begin on March 18, 2013.
Required Skills:We require:
Successful candidates MUST:
- Good computer skills with Windows experience
- Ability to toggle between multiple screens
- Ability navigate multiple systems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- A strong customer service focus
- A positive, helpful attitude
- Teamwork and cooperation
How to Apply
- Be flexible to work overtime
- Pass a mandatory drug screen
- Pass a comprehensive background check including verification of your employment and criminal record
- Be at least 18 years old
- Spanish bilingual preferred not required
To learn more about our employment opportunities and to apply, go to www.WorkAtAetna.com and search by location.
We value leadership, creativity and initiative. If you share those values and a commitment to excellence and innovation, consider a career with Aetna.
We conduct pre-employment drug and background testing.
Aetna does not permit the use of tobacco related products or drugs in the workplace.
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V
Aetna is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity within the context of the business to achieve their potential. Aetna's Affirmative Action responsibilities extend to women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans. Company policy also provides for equal opportunity for qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status.
No search firms please.
You will not be asked for personal information until you have been fully evaluated through Aetna's screening processes. Aetna will never ask applicants for money. If you want to verify the identity of someone who contacts you from Aetna, call 1-800-AETNAHR (1-800-238-6247).
Aetna PeopleScout - 10 months ago
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape health care for America and across the globe. We are...